Photo Credit: Brandon Colston
Dallas Mavericks living legend Dirk Nowitzki is set to host his 15th annual Heroes Celebrity Baseball Game on Friday, June 10 at the Dr. Pepper Ballpark in Frisco.
Fans are encouraged to arrive early for the family-friendly festivities that begins with the Heroes Special Olympics All-Star Softball Game at 5:15 p.m. followed by the Heroes Celebrity Baseball Game at 7 p.m. The evening will conclude with a post-game fireworks show.
Celebrities at this year’s game include Mavericks’ Chandler Parsons, J.J. Barea, Raymond Felton, Devin Harris, Wesley Matthews, JaVale McGee, Dwight Powell and head coach Rick Carlisle. Guards Deron Williams and Devin Harris will also be in attendance, but will not play due to injuries. Other celebs scheduled to play include actors Chace Crawford and Geoff Stults, Dude Perfect’s Tyler Toney, former Mavericks Jason Terry and Brian Cardinal; and former Texas Rangers’ David Murphy and Michael Young.
Dallas Cowboys’ Dez Bryant, Cole Beasley, Byron Jones, Brice Butler, Barry Church, La’el Collins, Tyrone Crawford, Lance Dunbar, Darren McFadden, Mark Nzeocha, Tyron Smith, Devin Street, Lucky Whitehead, J.J. Wilcox and Terrance Williams have also confirmed they will attend the event along with FC Dallas players Walker Zimmerman, Ryan Hollingshead and Chris Seitz.
PGA golfer and 2015 Masters and US Open champion Jordan Spieth will be in attendance as a manager. The Bachelorette’s JoJo Fletcher will be throwing out the ceremonial first pitch. Nationally acclaimed singer, songwriter and Broadway performer Shayna Steele will perform the National Anthem.
Follow the Heroes Foundation on Facebook for the latest updates.
Complete game day roster as of June 9:
- Mavericks Weekly Preview (2/24-3/1)
- Michael Gallup deserves recognition despite outside distractions
- Stars Bounce Back Against Blackhawks to Conclude Home Stand
- Where does Isiah Kiner-Falefa fit into the Rangers 2020 plans?
- Another fourth quarter collapse with help from the officials leads to Mavs loss in Atlanta
- Three questions surrounding Rangers slugger Joey Gallo in 2020
- Mavericks win first game after All-Star break as they beat Magic 122-106
- Five facts to know ahead of the Renegades week three trip to Seattle
- Photos: Stars vs Blues (February 21, 2020)
- Photos: Dallas and Kansas City Chiefs Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt previews MLS season