DALLAS – Several Members of the Dallas Mavericks offered their time both Tuesday and Wednesday, helping repair the downtown area after protests broke out due to the murder of George Floyd by a Minneapolis Police officer last month.
Franchise legend Dirk Nowitzki, Coach Rick Carlisle, and other Mavericks staff and players were spotted boarding up broken windows, repainting damaged areas, and more.
— Anissa 🦋 (@yurfeelings_) June 2, 2020
The Mavericks official Twitter account also issued a statement regarding the issue driving the protests.
”Over the last week, the Mavericks have grieved with millions across the nation and around world the senseless murder of a George Floyd by those who took an oath to keep him safe,” the team said. “Enough is enough. Black lives matter.”
— Dallas Mavericks (@dallasmavs) June 3, 2020
This issue is surely one that hits close to home for Dirk Nowitzki. He is married to an African-American woman with multiple mixed-race children.
His feelings of anxiety were reflected in his statement.
“I’m devastated and saddened that we continue to see this over and over again,” Nowitzki said vía his Twitter account. “I fear for my children’s future. Families have felt this way for generations. We need change now!”
— Dirk Nowitzki (@swish41) June 3, 2020
Other members of the organization have also chipped in. Mark Cuban, Justin Jackson, Maxi Kleber, and Jalen Brunson attended the George Floyd prayer vigil in downtown Dallas.
The Mavericks are adamant that change is necessary. Their actions in the community suggest they are taking this matter very seriously.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Two key areas of inconsistency show as Mavs squander late lead over Nuggets
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 20: Hip Hip Hooray with Jose Trevino
- Photos: Stars vs Predators – Jan. 25th, 2021
- Mavericks still searching for any bit of consistency as they host the Nuggets
- Stars Win Second in a Row Against the Predators
- Problems arise in Mavericks worst loss of the season to the Rockets
- Mavericks look to extend winning streak against the Rockets
- Luka and the Mavs make it happen when it counts in win over the Spurs
- How will the Rangers handle attendance in 2021 with Spring Training and the season approaching?
- Mavericks’ rookie Josh Green embraces the ‘dirty work’