Bryan Broaddus of 105.3 The Fan did a segment on Thursday afternoon about Dak Prescott. He spoke with different coaches about the trust that coach Garrett had in Dak and if Prescott might want to move on from the Cowboys eventually. He also touched on a couple of other things during that segment that I found interesting.
John Kitna and Dak Prescott relationship
The relationship between coach John Kitna and Dak Prescott wasn’t as perfect as it may have seemed based on the steps taken by Prescott in 2019. According to a coach Broaddus spoke with, Jason Garrett had to step in and defend his quarterback last year when Kitna and Prescott weren’t seeing eye to eye. Even though Broaddus mentioned that this was the two “figuring things out,” I don’t think that can be overlooked when you look at reasons why Kitna wasn’t retained for the 2020 season, which came as a surprise to most.
Jason Garrett and Dak relationship
When I think of the Jason Garrett/Prescott relationship, I think of a head coach that may have been holding his quarterback back from going to the next level as a young quarterback in the NFL. We all know Garrett as a conservative coach and I would imagine that would be frustrating as a quarterback when all you hear are negative things about your head coach. However, it doesn’t appear that was the case with Dak.
According to a coach, Garrett loved Prescott and Prescott loved Garrett. I mentioned earlier that Garrett would defend his quarterback against Kitna, but Garrett also defended his quarterback when it came to Jerry Jones questioning him in staff meetings.
Maybe Dak Prescott doesn’t want to be a Cowboy long-term
The biggest nugget of all nuggets is that one coach told Broaddus that he’s not sure if Dak wants to remain in Dallas long-term. The coach went onto say that Dak would never say that publicly because he is such a professional, which he displayed right after the July 15 deadline passed.
I know for me, I have a list of reasons why Dak may not want to remain in Dallas long-term.
Does Dak still feel disrespected from the initial offer from the Cowboys?
Is he upset that Garrett was let go?
Is there a trust issue or does he not believe in the organization?
Those are just a few of the possible reasons he may feel that way, if what the unnamed coach said is true. Just when you think the Dak-Dallas storyline will go way for a little bit, another nugget comes out. So unfortunately, this will come up again next offseason.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Keeping It Semi-Casual: The greatness of Rangers stadiums and other venues with Alex Plinck
- Playoff seeding implications on the line as Mavericks play the Blazers
- Five Key Points: Previewing Dallas (3) vs Calgary (7)
- Tim Hardaway Jr. and Mavs role players step up to handle the Jazz in the second half
- What to watch for as Mavericks take on the Jazz
- 23-year-old Collin Morikawa wins the PGA Championship
- Rangers sweep Angels thanks to oddities and a Lance Lynn milestone
- No shortage of amazement for Luka Doncic’s insane pass late in the Mavs win over the Bucks
- An all-time Luka performance leads the Mavs past the Bucks in overtime
- Have the Rangers turned the tide of their 2020 season in the last several days?