The Dallas Cowboys appear to be in a prime position to select an elite level contributor when the 2021 NFL Draft kicks off 7 p.m., Thursday, April 29th.
Dallas owns the 10th overall pick – their highest pick since 2016 when they drafted Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliot with the fourth overall selection.
Questions among the offensive line, and possibly tight end, has many wondering what position of need will deserves the most attention on draft night. However, most scouts are leaning towards Dallas addressing a secondary that was continously torched all last season.
And with Chidobe Awuzie signing with the Chicago Bears, along with the impending decisions surrounding Xavier Woods, the secondary is even more depleted than last year.
But will that help come with the 10th overall pick in the draft? And how reliable will that talent be to contribute day one.
Here’s a peak at the last 10 draft selections at pick 10:
- Jedrick Willis Jr., OL (2020)
- Devin Bush Jr., LB (2019)
- Josh Rosen, QB (2018)
- Patrick Mahomes, QB (2017)
- Eli Apple, CB (2016)
- Todd Gurley, RB (2015)
- Eric Ebron, TE (2014)
- Chance Warmack, OL (2013)
- Stephon Gilmore, DB (2012)
- Blaine Gabbert, QB (2011)
- Tyson Alualu, DL (2010)
Only four of those 10 selections still remain with their teams. The Cowboys have begun to be linked with players such as Patrick Surtain II, cornerback out of Alabama.
Caleb Farley, cornerback out of Virginia Tech, has even had his name thrown in the ring of possible selections for Dallas.
Kyle Pitts, tight end from Florida, had early claims as a possible selection for Dallas. However, despite the talent, selecting another offensive weapon on an already loaded team seems to be doing a drastic disservice to a struggling defense.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- NFL Draft: What happened the last time Surtain, Diggs were a tandem?
- Season Outlook: 5 realistic steps Dallas can take to improve on defense
- What to watch for as the Mavericks take on the Knicks
- Luka Magic downs Memphis at the buzzer as the Mavs snap a two-game losing streak
- Why the Rangers offense isn’t as bad as you think
- Mock Draft Roundup 3.0: Analysts agree Surtain should be the top choice for Dallas
- What to watch for as the Mavericks take on the Grizzlies
- NFL Draft: 5 questions Dallas’ first-round pick could answer about this team
- Mavericks have no answer for Joel Embiid in loss to 76ers on Monday night
- Texas Rangers announce Rowdy Energy as organization’s official energy drink