Ryan: I hate to say it and I totally disagree with the stance, but it’s simply a respect thing. I also think Jerry & Stephen know who the next coach is and aren’t worried about doing so many interviews. They aren’t putting the vacancy in jeopardy, so why rush? With that being said, I hate it.
Corey: I think they are just being the cowboys and being attention whores. I think they have been trying to keep Garrett in the organization and Jerry has a recent history of having a hard time letting people he loves go (Romo, Dez) but overall, I think it’s a joke.
Dylan: I think combining what Corey and Ryan said is all true. A decision has been made and all parties involved know. However, Jason Garrett is another one of Jerry’s “guys” who he will back until the end and give every chance to succeed. Similar to the end with Dez, Jerry has backed Garrett through it all and the move seems to be obvious, but they’re delaying it for any number of odd reasons. They respect the hell out of him despite all of his coaching shortcomings. I think their intentions are good, but it’s just another instance of the organization being behind the curve and operating as too much of a family instead of an operation that is solely built for winning football games.
- A Look Back: Inaugural Opening Day at The Ballpark in Arlington
- Rangers players/coaches showing their fun side during this dark time
- Most and least valuable 2020 Texas Rangers contracts
- The wait to see a finished Globe Life Field stings even more on the scheduled day of the home opener
- More than basketball: Imani McGee-Stafford steps away from the WNBA to pursue a law degree
- A Look Back: The Top 5 SMU Basketball Games of the 2019-2020 Season
- How is Joey Gallo Spending His Time in Quarantine?
- How are the Rangers affected by the new MLB/MLB-PA agreement?
- Everything fans should know about new Cowboy Gerald McCoy
- NBA Executives to see salaries reduced by 20% due to COVID-19