The NHL came to a screeching halt and speculation has surrounded the season over the last week. The cessation of hockey came quickly, pausing the Stars six game losing streak. Taking a look back at the last week seems like an eternity.
The hope that the season would continue, at least without fans, was quickly doused. The Stars’ superstar Russian forward, Alexander Radulov, was set to be tested for Corona, and nightmares instantly became a reality for Dallas.
There has been one, unidentified player from the Ottawa Senators, who according to usnews.com, has been the first NHL player to test positive. While this is unfortunate, it still seems to be an isolated incident.
Local hockey players had open hockey and beer league to look forward to, but all public Dallas rinks closed down on March 18th. An exciting year for hockey in the Lone Star State was cut short.
The Stars sit in 3rd place of the Central Division. They’re two points ahead of the Winnipeg Jets, who sit in the first wild card position for the Western Conference Playoffs. Dallas has two games at hand on their Canadian counterparts.
While one would hope the entire 82 game season would be completed, if the playoffs started today, these would be the eight teams coming out of the West:
- St. Louis Blues
- Colorado Avalanche
- Dallas Stars
- Las Vegas Golden Knights
- Edmonton Oilers
- Calgary Flames
- Winnipeg Jets
- Nashville Predators
According to TradeRumours.Com Alexander Radulov has tested negative for COVID-19. This comes as a huge relief for obvious reasons.
While the team had been extremely quiet throughout the process, Jason Dickinson posted on twitter, checking in on Stars fans:
— Dallas Stars (@DallasStars) March 17, 2020
While the future is uncertain, hopes still remain high.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Five Key Points: Previewing Dallas (3) vs Calgary (7)
- Tim Hardaway Jr. and Mavs role players step up to handle the Jazz in the second half
- What to watch for as Mavericks take on the Jazz
- 23-year-old Collin Morikawa wins the PGA Championship
- Rangers sweep Angels thanks to oddities and a Lance Lynn milestone
- No shortage of amazement for Luka Doncic’s insane pass late in the Mavs win over the Bucks
- An all-time Luka performance leads the Mavs past the Bucks in overtime
- Have the Rangers turned the tide of their 2020 season in the last several days?
- What to watch for as Mavs face Bucks on ESPN
- Takeaways from Mike McCarthy speaking to the media Friday