After days of rumors and speculation, on Friday, FC Dallas announced the signing of Colombian midfielder Andrés Ricaurte. The club used Targeted Allocation Money (TAM) on a loan deal from Independiente Medellín through the 2021 season.
Welcome to Texas, Andrés Ricaurte.
— FC Dallas (@FCDallas) August 14, 2020
FC Dallas has the option of a permanent transfer on Ricaurte’s contract in December 2021 following the loan. Ricaurte, 28, played for Independiente Medellín for two years, making 98 appearances scoring 12 goals and 23 assists. He’s had previous career stints with Independiente Medellín saw him playing for Rionegro Águilas, Leones FC, and CD Atlético Huila.
Ricaurte’s Playing Impact
Andrés Ricaurte’s signing could bring more of an attacking depth to FCD. His quickness and speed could bring more excitement to the FC Dallas offense, playing alongside Thiago Santos, Paxton Pomykal, and Bryan Acosta and give the club more opportunities to create a more energetic midfield. Ricaurte’s presence could also help develop younger players such as Tanner Tessman and Edwin Cerillo.
The rest of the season gives FCD time to test out tactics and rotate players through various lineups before the 2021 MLS season. The loan will also allow FCD to work through the rest of the season to get him accustomed to his new teammates, the league, and Luchi’s style of play. Ricaurte’s style of play gives that offensive appeal, something that Luchi has been working on recently.
His signing is fascinating, given that each club has a total of five substations per match. His opportunities to play surely will come when he arrives and trains appropriately with the club. In my perspective, Ricaurte could end up being a permanent member of the squad. In a given time, we will find that out.
I’m excited to find out how FCD head coach Luchi places him on the field. His traits can give a more dynamic playing style for the rest of the players.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- In the season of giving thanks, let’s all follow the example of Rangers’ Jose Trevino
- Surveying the Mavericks place in the Western Conference pecking order after free agency
- Ranking the Mavericks recent City Edition jerseys with the 2020-2021 version now official
- Thoughts on the Mavericks roster after the first weekend of NBA Free Agency
- Game Recap: Cowboys earn third win behind fourth-quarter play
- Mavs bring back Cauley-Stein on two-year deal
- Mavericks agree to terms with Wes Iwundu
- Mavericks trade Delon Wright and Justin Jackson in a deal focused on keeping options open in the future
- Is it Fair to Call Joey Gallo’s 2020 Season a Regression?
- Re-signing of Trey Burke brings back Mavericks bubble spark plug