FC Dallas will be back home on Saturday after a huge victory against Sporting Kansas City in Week 20 of the Major League Soccer season. FC Dallas is looking to keep that winning streak alive when they host Real Salt Lake this evening in Frisco.
FC Dallas didn’t play their best game in Kansas City last weekend, but the effort was enough to net them three points. Jesus Ferreira later was named to the MLS Team of the Week for Week 20 based on his performance during the 2-0 road win. With coach Luchi Gonzalez applying a good lineup, FC Dallas managed to clinch three massive points. FC Dallas’ style of play wasn’t the greatest, but it got the job done against a team and venue that is always trouble for the Texan side.
FC Dallas will now face Real Salt Lake at home in Week 21, how have the two teams fared against each other previously? Earlier this season, FCD won in Utah 4-2 back in March.
Jesus Ferreira and Dominique Badji, both with six goals this season, will be looking to increase that tally against a strong Salt Lake side. On paper, the game seems to be more in favor of the visiting team with their three wins in their last five games. On the other hand, FCD has won just two of their last five. However, those wins have come against strong opponents in DC United and Sporting Kansas City.
Luchi Gonzalez has to come up with a strong line up to face Real Salt Lake. Considering the results, it might be a good idea to feature the same starting lineup that opened last Saturday’s game in KC. Displaying a 4-2-3-1 formation, this lineup will be consisting of the following players:
Goalkeeper: Jesse Gonzalez
Defenders: Reggie Cannon, Matt Hedges, Reto Ziegler, Ryan Hollingstead
Defensive Midfielders: Bryan Acosta, Brandon Servania
Attacking Midfielders: Michael Barrios, Jesus Ferreira, Harold Mosquera
Forward: Dominique Badji
It will be an exciting match to watch as both teams will be looking for those three points that can get them higher up in the Western Conference playoff standings. The two sides currently occupy the last two playoff spots with FCD (32 points) just ahead of RSL (30 points) entering Saturday.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Three takeaways as the depleted Mavericks lose their third straight to Toronto
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars enter 2021 season with question marks after delayed start
- What to watch for as the Mavericks look to bounce back against Toronto
- A couple of takeaways from the Mavericks 117-101 loss to the Bulls.
- Photos: Mavs vs Bulls (January 17, 2021)
- Will the Mavs overcome late-game woes against the skidding Chicago Bulls?
- Predicting the 2021 Texas Rangers Roster Configuration: Outfield and DH
- Late game miscues stand out as Mavericks fall to the Bucks in Milwaukee
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 19: The holidays are not over w/ Wes Benjamin
- As Kristaps Porzingis returns, the Mavericks are poised to take the league by storm