FC Dallas will be back home on Saturday after a huge victory against Sporting Kansas City in Week 20 of the Major League Soccer season. FC Dallas is looking to keep that winning streak alive when they host Real Salt Lake this evening in Frisco.
FC Dallas didn’t play their best game in Kansas City last weekend, but the effort was enough to net them three points. Jesus Ferreira later was named to the MLS Team of the Week for Week 20 based on his performance during the 2-0 road win. With coach Luchi Gonzalez applying a good lineup, FC Dallas managed to clinch three massive points. FC Dallas’ style of play wasn’t the greatest, but it got the job done against a team and venue that is always trouble for the Texan side.
FC Dallas will now face Real Salt Lake at home in Week 21, how have the two teams fared against each other previously? Earlier this season, FCD won in Utah 4-2 back in March.
Jesus Ferreira and Dominique Badji, both with six goals this season, will be looking to increase that tally against a strong Salt Lake side. On paper, the game seems to be more in favor of the visiting team with their three wins in their last five games. On the other hand, FCD has won just two of their last five. However, those wins have come against strong opponents in DC United and Sporting Kansas City.
Luchi Gonzalez has to come up with a strong line up to face Real Salt Lake. Considering the results, it might be a good idea to feature the same starting lineup that opened last Saturday’s game in KC. Displaying a 4-2-3-1 formation, this lineup will be consisting of the following players:
Goalkeeper: Jesse Gonzalez
Defenders: Reggie Cannon, Matt Hedges, Reto Ziegler, Ryan Hollingstead
Defensive Midfielders: Bryan Acosta, Brandon Servania
Attacking Midfielders: Michael Barrios, Jesus Ferreira, Harold Mosquera
Forward: Dominique Badji
It will be an exciting match to watch as both teams will be looking for those three points that can get them higher up in the Western Conference playoff standings. The two sides currently occupy the last two playoff spots with FCD (32 points) just ahead of RSL (30 points) entering Saturday.
- 46 point win over the Pelicans doesn’t keep Mavericks from preaching improvement
- Photos: Mavs vs Pelicans (December 7, 2019)
- Rangers continue low-risk building of their rotation with signing of Jordan Lyles
- D-Town Sports Bar Podcast Ep 6: Cowboys fall to 6-7 as fan frustration grows higher and higher
- TweetCap: Social media reacts to Dallas’ third-straight loss
- Instant Reaction: DSF writers react to the Cowboys Thursday night loss against Chicago
- D-Town Sports Bar Podcast Ep 5: Mavs are flying high as they have won 9 out of the last 10 games!
- Kristaps Porzingis and his role within the Mavericks offense
- Defining Rangers Moments of the 2010’s: Beltre’s 3,000th Hit
- Powell, Brunson spark the Mavs as they hold off Timberwolves