FC Dallas will be back home on Saturday after a huge victory against Sporting Kansas City in Week 20 of the Major League Soccer season. FC Dallas is looking to keep that winning streak alive when they host Real Salt Lake this evening in Frisco.
FC Dallas didn’t play their best game in Kansas City last weekend, but the effort was enough to net them three points. Jesus Ferreira later was named to the MLS Team of the Week for Week 20 based on his performance during the 2-0 road win. With coach Luchi Gonzalez applying a good lineup, FC Dallas managed to clinch three massive points. FC Dallas’ style of play wasn’t the greatest, but it got the job done against a team and venue that is always trouble for the Texan side.
FC Dallas will now face Real Salt Lake at home in Week 21, how have the two teams fared against each other previously? Earlier this season, FCD won in Utah 4-2 back in March.
Jesus Ferreira and Dominique Badji, both with six goals this season, will be looking to increase that tally against a strong Salt Lake side. On paper, the game seems to be more in favor of the visiting team with their three wins in their last five games. On the other hand, FCD has won just two of their last five. However, those wins have come against strong opponents in DC United and Sporting Kansas City.
Luchi Gonzalez has to come up with a strong line up to face Real Salt Lake. Considering the results, it might be a good idea to feature the same starting lineup that opened last Saturday’s game in KC. Displaying a 4-2-3-1 formation, this lineup will be consisting of the following players:
Goalkeeper: Jesse Gonzalez
Defenders: Reggie Cannon, Matt Hedges, Reto Ziegler, Ryan Hollingstead
Defensive Midfielders: Bryan Acosta, Brandon Servania
Attacking Midfielders: Michael Barrios, Jesus Ferreira, Harold Mosquera
Forward: Dominique Badji
It will be an exciting match to watch as both teams will be looking for those three points that can get them higher up in the Western Conference playoff standings. The two sides currently occupy the last two playoff spots with FCD (32 points) just ahead of RSL (30 points) entering Saturday.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Shin-Soo Choo continuing to help the Rangers organization on and off the field
- Jordan Spieth and other top pros return for the Workday Charity Classic
- Evaluating the new 2020 Rangers regular season schedule
- Three Rangers needing to click for team success in 2020
- Rangers slugger Joey Gallo tests positive for COVID-19
- SMU alum Bryson DeChambeau comes back to win in Michigan
- Four observations from the Rangers first intrasquad game on Sunday
- One year later, Mavs free agency signings of 2019 are proving their worth
- Three Rangers with the most future money on the line in a condensed 2020 season
- ‘We all got a little more extra juice now’: Kristaps Porzingis on the NBA season restart