FC Dallas go into Week 6 off another Bye Week before facing the Colorado Rapids at home on Saturday. This is their second bye in the frst month of their MLS campaign.
The bye will give another chance for FCD to gather their bearings and bridge the wait time on key injuries. Midfielder Kellyn Acosta and number one goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez have returned to training earlier this week after missing a majority of the season so far due to injuries. While they may still not be ready to start, Acosta may be the first to see some minutes again soon albeit not in full capacity.
FC Dallas needs these starters in the line-up soon, as Dallas has started off in rather lackluster fashion. Dallas is currently 1-0-2 and sit in sixth place going into their bout against Western Conference rival Colorado Rapids, who sit right under them in the standings. While unbeaten, five points from three home games is not ideal. One point was salvaged off an own goal against Real Salt Lake, while their other draw came off an unanswered goal versus Portland.
Defensively, FC Dallas leads the league with only 2 goals allowed. This comes to no surprise as Dallas’ biggest overhaul came defensively with the addition of Anton Nedyalkov and Reto Ziegler, and homegrown Reggie Cannon promoted to first-team duties. Offensively, however, FCD has only netted 5 goals off of 50 shots, 17 being on target. While not a terrible conversion rate, Dallas’ offensive at times seems unimaginative and lacking. The final touch is not there, and Coach Oscar Pareja may need to shake up his lacking offense after a dismal draw against the Timbers.
Dallas faces an overhauled Colorado Rapids, with various additions and removals from their lineup and a new coach. Colorado should be coming to Frisco confident after a solid 3-0 win against Philadelphia. Do not be surprised to see FC Dallas DPs Santiago Mosquera and Cristian Colman in Pareja’s starting lineup. Oscar will be looking intently at his players in training this week leading up to the match, and some surprises may be in store.
FC Dallas kicks off against Colorado at 7:00pm at Toyota Stadium. Broadcast will be shown live locally on TXA21.
Follow the @19thminute on Twitter for our weekly focus on all things FC Dallas, and MLS headlines.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Three Rangers with major questions surrounding them in the second half of Summer Camp
- Dak, Cowboys unlikely to reach deal before Wednesdays deadline
- Dallas Wings release Wubble season schedule
- After three playoff holes, Colin Morikawa wins at Muirfield Village
- Five Rangers making their presence known after Week One of Summer Camp
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Qualifiers get the green light- how does Dallas matchup in its first three games?
- Best of the Mavericks social media fun after several days in the bubble
- NHL set to return August 1st; Stars skate again on August 3rd
- Tony Romo seeks third straight American Century Championship title in Lake Tahoe
- Key details from the announced Rangers 2021 schedule