Major League Soccer announced Thursday, March 12th morning there would be a thirty-day suspension to the start of the 2020 season due to the impact of the COVID-19. As a consequence, FC Dallas’ season has been put on hold as well.
Major League Soccer Suspends Season for 30 Days pic.twitter.com/P0HEPmsnkx
— Major League Soccer (@MLS) March 12, 2020
FC Dallas (1-1-0) started off well playing against Philadelphia Union and the Montreal Impact. They were scheduled to play on the road against NYCFC (0-0-2) on Saturday evening before the announcement was made. Head coach Luchi Gonzalez and company said they were ready to take on this challenge on the road. Given the circumstances of FC Dallas having one of the worst records on the road last season (3-3-11), expectations were set high for improvement this season.
FC Dallas’ President Dan Hunt also provided his statement about the league’s suspension:
The health and safety of our fans, staff, players and partners is our top priority. We completely support MLS’ decision to postpone match play for 30 days. We will maintain ongoing contact with medical experts, local, state and federal health authorities as well as the league, as we monitor this rapidly-changing public health situation.
We will continue to provide up-to-date information, including details about future matches, as it becomes available.
If the full thirty-day suspension occurs, it’s expected that FC Dallas will lose two more games on the schedule. These two games include LAFC (1-1-0) and Portland Timbers (1-0-1) on the road, originally scheduled for Saturday, April 4th and Saturday, April 11th respectively. FC Dallas next “scheduled” game will be April 18th on the road against Minnesota United (2-0-0). Who knows what will happen, but it seems FC Dallas will be affected and it is too early to tell if it will be a positive or negative effect.
While writing this article, we checked FC Dallas’ Twitter, but were unable to find their account. It seems to be nonexistent or simply has been hacked? Don’t tell us the account has a virus! Any details to the disappearance would be appreciated.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars take game two; Game three preview vs. Calgary
- Time is just about up for Rougned Odor in the Rangers lineup
- Oleksiak Pushes Stars Past Flames in Game Two
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep 7: A Rangers Off Day with SI’s Chris Halicke
- A couple takeaways as the Mavs fall to Suns, prepare for postseason
- FC Dallas stunned by Nashville SC in home return while pregame stories overshadow the match
- ¿Qué podemos esperar de los Cowboys?
- Dallas Cowboys add Everson Griffen
- Dak Prescott addresses the media for the first time this season
- Chris Woodward and Rangers coaching staff faced with tough decisions early on this season