FRISCO, TX – The Dallas Cowboys are set to begin their 2020 campaign without a couple key pieces Sunday against the Los Angeles Rams.
Dallas will officially be without the help of La’el Collins and Sean Lee, who were both placed on IR to Return Sunday. They have been removed from the week one 53-man roster and won’t be eligible to return until three weeks. The Cowboys also placed wide receiver Ventell Bryant on the same list, creating a total of three open roster spots.
Veteran linebacker Justin March and cornerback C.J. Goodwin are expected to fill those spots. Joe Thomas was a name expected to fill the third opening, but was released Sunday morning to make room for wide receiver Malik Turner, who was claimed off waivers.
The attention grabber centers around Lee and Collins, who has only missed one game in the last three years. DallasCowboys.com writer Nick Eatman reported the right rackle has been dealing with a hip injury that has caused him to miss most of camp.
Collins started off training camp on PUP (Physicall Unable to Perform) but was moved to the active roster last week when eh was able to return to practice. Dallas will turn to former first-round pick Cam Erving, who was signed in the offseason to be the swing tackle.
Lee has seen limited participation throughout camp as the Cowboys have usually managed his workload during this time of the season. The veteran linebacker still was unable to practice much in the last two weeks and is being placed on IR to Return in hopes he can be ready by the start of October.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Takeaways From Game Two, as Lightning Even the Series
- Around the NFC East: Cowboys win on Sunday creates big opportunity in upcoming weeks
- TweetCap: Fans react to the Cowboys comeback win over Atlanta
- Join Rangers Kyle Gibson and Big League Impact and Play Topgolf for Charity
- DSF Q&A: Five questions for Dallas after 40-39 win over Atlanta
- Game Recap: Cowboys win against all odds against Falcons
- Former SMU Mustang Bryson DeChambeau wins US Open at Winged Foot
- Are the 2020 circumstances in baseball benefitting the Rangers’ development?
- The Stars take game one handily thanks to Khudobin and defensemen scoring
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Finals Preview