The 2017 NFL season is a week away from starting so predictions are rolling in. With the season set to kickoff in less than 10 days, the talk about what’s going to happen with this year’s Dallas Cowboy’s team has fans excited as they hope for another successful season.
Here are my five bold predictions for the 2017 Dallas Cowboys.
DAK PRESCOTT WINS NFL MVP
Dak threw for 23 touchdowns in 2016 in an offense that did not throw as much as I think they will have to in 2017. The Ezekiel Elliott suspension, him being in his second season and the growth Dak has displayed throughout camp and the preseason are all reasons he goes out and wins NFL MVP in only his second NFL season. The most impressive trait Dak showed in 2016 as a rookie is the ability to take care of the football. That continues in 2017.
DEZ BRYANT LEADS THE NFL IN TOUCHDOWNS RECEPTIONS WITH 16
Dez plays in a run first offense and has accepted that he will never have the numbers Antonio Brown or Julio Jones put up as far as receptions and yards. The value with Dez comes with touchdowns. Dez Bryant set a career high with 16 touchdowns in 2014, his last full healthy season. After going through his healthiest offseason in three years, Dez seems poised to get back to that elite receiver status.
BYRON JONES BECOMES AN ALL-PRO SAFETY
I have talked a lot about Byron Jones so far this offseason. I have talked quite a bit about the work put in this offseason to get his hands on the football more and become that Earl Thomas, Landon Collins type playmaker. I believe that hard work will pay off and by the end of 2017 Byron will be mentioned with the top safeties in the NFL.
RYAN SWITZER RETURNS SIX PUNTS FOR TOUCHDOWNS IN 2017
Rookie Ryan Switzer has not seen any game action during the preseason to this point. He is expected to make his debut Thursday night against the Houston Texans. Ryan Switzer will make his biggest impact in 2017 on special teams. In college, Switzer returned seven punts for touchdowns, including 5 his freshman season at North Carolina.
DAMONTRE MOORE LEADS THE COWBOYS IN SACKS WITH 9
Moore was a free agent pickup this offseason for the Cowboys. He played his college ball at Texas A&M and is entering his 6th season in the NFL. He has recorded 10 sacks in his first five NFL seasons, but has shown a lot of potential in his short time with the Cowboys. Although he will start the season with a two game suspension I believe he will come back and make an immediate impact.
- Quote Board: Mavs players react to dramatic win over the Trail Blazers
- Photo: Mavs vs Blazers (January 17, 2020)
- A look back at the last time the Cowboys played on Championship Sunday
- Ex-Cowboys HC Jason Garrett reportedly lands with Giants as OC
- Concerning trend of early deficits continuing for the Stars
- Mavericks Midseason Roundtable: Meeting Expectations, Trade Deadline Moves, & Playoff Predictions
- Sabres close out season series versus Dallas 2-0
- Dallas Wings release expanded 2020 schedule featuring inaugural Commissioner’s Cup
- A couple takeaways from the Mavs 127-123 win over the Kings
- Mavericks blowout Warriors for third time this season