This off-season has been very eventful already and the season has not even concluded yet. The New York Knicks, Milwaukee Bucks, and Atlanta Hawks have all fulled there head coaching position. Some of the names that were in the running to some of these positions were San Antonio Spurs assistant coach, Becky Hammon, and former Cleveland Cavaliers head coach, David Blatt, Marc Jackson, Jeff Van Gundy, and Jerry Stackhouse to name a few.
Former Dallas Maverick Jerry Stackhouse recently spoke with Brandon ‘Scoop B’ Robinson on the Scoop B Radio Show to about his coaching influences. Stackhouse would go to mentioned Avery Johnson, Carlisle, Don Nelson and Gregg Popovich. All of these individuals were heavy influencers on Jerry when he was playing for or against during his 19-year career in the NBA.
“I got a lot of that from [Gregg] Popovich, Popovich got a lot of that from Larry Brown, who had got a lot from coach Smith. So, I think once we were able to kind of align our minds, we thought this was really good, and obviously, we had good players, a good team and we made it to the Finals. So yeah, that was kind of the start of my thinking about coaching because Avery put me in that role.”
Jerry is currently the head coach of the Raptors 905, the Toronto Raptors’ G-League team. A position that he took upon him retiring from the NBA in 2016. He recently led the Raptors 905 to back to back final appearances and won the G-League championship in 2017. He also took home the league coach of the year that same year. The Toronto Raptors recently fired the coach of the year candidate Dwane Casey. So we will have to see what they will do with the position, but with Stackhouse already in the organization, it would not be a wrong decision to add him to the roster.
The full interview between former Dallas Maverick Jerry Stackhouse and Scoop B Radio can be heard here!
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Mavericks look to extend winning streak against the Rockets
- Luka and the Mavs make it happen when it counts in win over the Spurs
- How will the Rangers handle attendance in 2021 with Spring Training and the season approaching?
- Mavericks’ rookie Josh Green embraces the ‘dirty work’
- Three things to watch for as the Mavericks travel to San Antonio
- Reactions after Mavs snap three-game losing streak against Pacers
- Mavericks visit the Pacers as both teams fight through major injuries
- Three takeaways as the depleted Mavericks lose their third straight to Toronto
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars enter 2021 season with question marks after delayed start
- What to watch for as the Mavericks look to bounce back against Toronto