The Stars have gone 2-2 in their first four preseason games. It has been somewhat of a slow start, but there has been a ton of movement in the line ups and a lot of young guys are being given a chance.
1. Noesen and Upshall Cut
Many were rooting for these two players to get a chance to wear Victory Green. Stefan Noeson is from Plano and got a shot to play for his hometown team he watched growing up. As it turns out, that won’t happen. Scottie Upshall was trying to work his way back from a knee injury, and he was recently cut as well.
2. The third defensive pairing is up for grabs
It seems like defensive spots 1-4 are pretty well set between Klingberg, Lindell, Heiskanen, and Sekera. What is not set would be the five and six defensemen. The battle for spots will be between Oleksiak, Polak, and Fedun, for now…
With defenseman Julius Honka on the trade block, who knows if Nill will be able to bring in another big fish with his resources. With the team seemingly going for the cup this year, I would not put it past him.
3. The team got blown out of the water in Tulsa by the Panthers
While granted, yes, it was a preseason game, the Stars had a decent amount of their line up in for this game. It was played on neutral ground, in Oklahoma. They were outshot 42-30 and were shut out by the Panthers who are poised to have a very solid year after being the 10th seed in the East last year.
Even though the game doesn’t count, seeing a clobbering like that is still unsettling.
4. Netminding depth is looking stupendous
At this point few would argue the point that the Stars have the best 1-2 punch in goaltending in the NHL. However, even the third goalie in the system, Landon Bow, is looking extremely promising. The 24 year old goaltender may get his chance at the end of this season, when Anton Khudobin’s contract expires. It will be interesting to see how it is played out.
2019-2020 Mavericks Player Profiles
/ 1 week ago
Justin Jackson Age: 24 Position: Small Forward 2018-2019: 81 games, 7.2 PPG, 2.6...
/ 2 weeks ago
Dorian Finney-Smith Age: 26 Position: Forward 2018-2019: 81 games, 7.5 PPG, 4.8 RPG,...
- Dallas Cowboys: Week 6 Stock Report
- Landry Jones, Lance Dunbar among notable picks for Renegades in inaugural XFL Draft
- Ep. 10: Cowboys-Jets, Garrett’s Hot Seat, Injury Concerns, & Cowboys-Eagles Preview
- Why Sunday’s loss warranted a head coaching change for Cowboys
- Delon Wright continues working towards comfort with his role for the Mavericks
- Mavericks block out the Thunder in preseason victory
- Photos: Mavs vs Thunder (October 14, 2019)
- TweetCap: Social media reacts to Cowboys disappointing loss against Jets
- The Dallas Mavericks will make the playoffs if…
- 2019-2020 Mavericks Player Profile: Luka Doncic