Most would probably agree that we’re pretty set when it comes to offense. With our defense ranked 14th out of 32 at the end of the 2016 season, it’s clear that a change is needed if we want to be a Super Bowl contender.
At this point in free agency, the players that can most benefit the team will either be: young players who will challenge the starters for a roster spot, or an older more experienced free agent that can not only play the field, but also help groom the younger incoming players.
Daryl Washington (LB)
Washington, who was released by the Arizona Cardinals in April, is coming off of a three-year suspension. During his four-year stint at Arizona, he accrued 394 tackles, 18 sacks, and 6 interceptions. With recent news of linebacker Damian Wilson’s arrest July 4th for aggravated assault, Washington could be a good replacement if Wilson receives a multiple game suspension from the NFL. In an interview with Pro Football Talk, the Dallas native, expressed his desire to be a part of the team.
Darrelle Revis (CB)
The seven time pro-bowl veteran will be going into his 10th season with the NFL. Revis can bring experience to the team and can also help with transitioning the newer players to the professional level. Dez Bryant seems to agree when he tweeted Revis on June 10th asking him to come play for Dallas. Revis has yet to respond.
Dwight Freeney (DE)
Vic Beasley of the Atlanta Falcons, credits much of his success last season to Freeney’s guidance and mentoring. The three time all-pro and seven time pro bowler could serve as backup and help to mentor rookie Taco Charlton. The four-game suspension of defensive end David Irving could open up opportunities for Freeney to show that he’s still a force to be reckoned with.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- What to watch for as the Mavericks host the Cavs
- Mavericks hold on to force fourth-straight loss for Irving, Nets
- Photos: Mavs vs Nets (May 6, 2021)
- Five realistic free agents Dallas should consider post-draft
- NFL Draft Review: How much potential does Wright have to contribute?
- What to watch for as the Mavs look to knock off the Nets
- Getting to know the Dallas Cowboys third round picks: Osa Odighizuwa, Chauncey Golston and Nashon Wright
- NFL Draft Review: Golston gives size, length to remolded defense
- Three takeaways from the Mavericks big win over the Heat
- NFL Draft Review: Odighizuwa can be disruptive for interior line