PG: Rajon Rondo 12.7 PPG, 8.2 APG, 5.8 RPG
SG: Monta Ellis 20.6 PPG, 4.4 APG, 2.4 RPG
SF: Chandler Parsons 15.6 PPG, 2.3 APG, 5.0 RPG
PF: Dirk Nowitzki 18.4 PPG, 5.9 RPG, 0.5 BPG
C: Tyson Chandler 10.9 PPG, 12.0 RPG, 1.3 BPG
PG: Brandon Jennings 14.1 PPG, 6.3 APG, 2.7 RPG
SG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope 12.1 PPG, 0.9 APG, 2.5RPG
SF: Kyle Singler 6.8 PPG, 0.9 APG, 2.4 RPG
PF: Greg Monroe 14.4 PPG, 9.1 RPG, 0.2 BPG
C: Andre Drummond 13.0 ppg, 13.2 RPG, 1.8 BPG
Addition By Subtraction
The Pistons have played very well and climbed out of the bottom of the Eastern Conference since dropping Josh Smith. Now that Smith isn’t there to jack up shots and waste possessions, the Pistons have become much more team oriented and efficient. Looking back at their win streak Brandon Jennings has elevated his game, guys like DJ Augustin, Jodie Meeks and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope have all stepped up and are playing much better. While they have played better and will pose a challenge tonight we have to thank the Detroit Pistons. The Pistons dumped Josh Smith allowing the Houston Rockets to pick him up and are now living the nightmare that is the Josh Smith Effect. Thanks Detroit!!!
Keys to the Game
Battle of the Bigs: Andre Drummond has been an absolute monster of late. In last night’s victory over the San Antonio Spurs he scored 20 points and hauled in 17 rebounds. Tyson Chandler and company will need to step up against him. While Drummond is a big enough handful, the Pistons also have the services of Greg Monroe, who is more than capable of holding his own out there. He poses a significant match-up problem for Dirk Nowitzki, Charlie Villanueva, and possibly even Richard Jefferson if the Mavs go with their small ball lineup.
Rajon Rondo vs Brandon Jennings: While it is inevitable that Drummond and Monroe will get their points and rebounds down low, the Mavericks do have the defensive play of Rajon Rondo to hopefully slow Jennings down tonight. Jennings is capable of lighting up the scoreboard on any given night, but has been known to be a hit or miss type of player for most of his career.
The match-up takes place tonight at 7:30 CT at American Airlines Center and can be watched on Fox Sports Southwest.
(Photo: Eric Gay/Associated Press)
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Mavericks shake clutch woes for one afternoon as they beat Kings in OT
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Postgame reaction to Stars’ opening qualifier loss to Vegas
- Knights Oust the Stars in the First Game of Round Robin
- Rangers Stock Report: Gallo is up and bullpen is down after 10 days
- Another disappointing second half as Mavericks fall to Suns
- Class in session: What we learned from the Rangers this past week
- Mavericks look to clinch first playoff birth since 2015-16 against Suns
- Satou Sabally asserts dominance, earns first career double-double
- Mavs loss on Friday night is the first reminder in months of the team’s greatest weakness
- Four takeaways as the Mavs drop a heartbreaker to Houston