Now 1-0 after acquiring Rajon Rondo, the Dallas Mavericks (20-8) take on the Atlanta Hawks (19-7). Both teams are coming off solid victories with the Atlanta Hawks defeating the Houston Rockets and Mavs defeating the San Antonio Spurs. 5 of their total 7 losses have come on the road this year while they are 12-2 at home. This will be one of those games to test just how good the Mavs are right now.
Game at Hand:
The Hawks just may be one of the most underrated teams in the NBA. The Mavs do come in with an advantage as Atlanta’s leading scorer, Jeff Teague, has a bad hamstring and is doubtful for Monday nights game. Dennis Schröder and Shelvin Mack will look to fill in for his absence. With Teague out, a major emphasis will be put on the already important low post of the Atlanta Hawks. Al Horford and Paul Millsap will lead the way and will truly test the limited depth that the Mavs currently have since the Rondo trade.
For the Mavericks the true potential of what Rondo can do was shown Saturday against the Spurs. He wowed the crowed with dazzling passes and court vision. Dirk Nowitzki has really been struggling of late shot only 4 of 14 Saturday. With a tough matchup against Paul Millsap we may need even more from Rondo, and of course our go to Monta Ellis who has been outstanding of late.
— Dallas Mavericks (@dallasmavs) December 22, 2014
Matchup of the Night:
While who wins the matchup down low will be very important, the matchup of the night is Chandler Parsons versus Kyle Korver. Korver is coming off a 22-point performance and is shooting 54% from three. We’ve all seen the Mavs struggles this year guarding the perimeter so the speed of Parsons close outs to put a hand in Korver’s face will be very important. While needing to play good defense we have seen just how different this Mavs offense is when Parsons is playing aggressive and making open threes. So Parsons will need to step up on both sides of the ball.
Tip off starts at 7:30 CST at American Airlines center on Fox Sports Southwest.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Three Rangers with the most future money on the line in a condensed 2020 season
- ‘We all got a little more extra juice now’: Kristaps Porzingis on the NBA season restart
- Summer Camp begins for the Rangers; four things to pinpoint before the season starts
- Spieth and many other big names out as the PGA Tour heads to Detroit for the Rocket Mortgage Classic
- FC Dallas in the spotlight due to to nine reported positive COVID-19 tests in Orlando
- A Dak Prescott decision needs to made
- Dustin Johnson wins the Traveler’s Championship on Sunday with weather delays
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep. 1: Notes on the planned 2020 season
- What to expect from the WNBA 2020 season
- News of COVID-19 cases continues tough month of off-field happenings for Rangers