The Dallas Mavericks (3-1) begin the first of a two-game road trip tonight to take on the Portland Trailblazers (2-2). The Mavs come into this game as the media-proclaimed “hottest offensive team in the NBA”, producing over 65+ points in the first half in three consecutive games.
Mavs Projected Starters
PG: Jameer Nelson
SG: Monta Ellis
SF: Chandler Parsons
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
C: Tyson Chandler
Jazz Projected Starters
PG: Damian Lillard
SG: Wes Matthews
SF: Nicholas Batum
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge
C: Robin Lopez
Master vs Apprentice – Nowtizki vs. Aldridge
Blazers forward LaMarcus Aldridge is no stranger to Mavs fans. When you think of Aldridge, you look back to his several infamous game-winning jump shots to beat the Mavs over the years. It’ll be interesting to see Dirk Nowitzki matched up with Aldridge. Aldridge since 2011, managed to score 30+ points while grabbing 10+ rebounds in 5 games against the Mavs. Dirk is coming off a remarkable Monday night performance, scoring 27 points off 64% shooting from the field and 4-of-4 from the three-point line.
3rd Quarter Meltdowns
The third period of a basketball game seems to be the Dallas Mavericks’ “Kryptonite” for several years now. Monday night against the Celtics was a prime example. After shooting 77% from the field in the 1st half, the Mavs followed it up by knocking down only 8 of 21 from the floor, including 1 for 6 from long distance. Rick Carlisle needs to continue to stress to his team that they must stay focused and play consistent basketball for a whole 48 minutes.
Advantage of Bench Production
Of course we’re only four games into the season, but the Mavs are currently a top five team in the league in terms of bench production. Dallas is ranked second in offensive efficiency and third in defensive efficiency in the NBA. Portland is ranked in the bottom ten teams in those categories. Guys like JJ Barea, the sixth man Devin Harris, Brandan Wright, and Jae Crowder have to contribute and play their role to win this game for the Mavs.
Special #TBT Moment
MFFL’s will need to stay up late tonight as the game tips off at 9:30 CT in Portland. The game will be televised on TNT.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Key details from the announced Rangers 2021 schedule
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep 2: Iffy testing procedures and a look into the 2020 schedule
- Shin-Soo Choo continuing to help the Rangers organization on and off the field
- Jordan Spieth and other top pros return for the Workday Charity Classic
- Evaluating the new 2020 Rangers regular season schedule
- Three Rangers needing to click for team success in 2020
- Rangers slugger Joey Gallo tests positive for COVID-19
- SMU alum Bryson DeChambeau comes back to win in Michigan
- Four observations from the Rangers first intrasquad game on Sunday
- One year later, Mavs free agency signings of 2019 are proving their worth