If you haven’t heard, the Dallas Cowboys aren’t having a great season. They are now 2-6 after their most recent loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday Night Football. It doesn’t get any easier as they will take on the Pittsburgh Steelers this Sunday afternoon. The Steelers are 7-0 and are coming off wins against the Tennessee Titans and Baltimore Ravens on the road.
Injuries are part of every NFL season and it has definitely taken its toll on the 2020 Cowboys. The Cowboys have lost their QB, LT, RT, RG for two games, multiple cornerbacks, multiple defensive lineman and a couple different starting linebackers through the first 8 weeks of the season. That, for any team is going to be tough to overcome and throw it in the middle of a pandemic season, this is what you get.
With all that being said, rather than be upset or mad about this year I have turned my attention to wanting the Cowboys to turn this disaster of a season into a top 3 pick in the 2021 draft.
Right now, the Cowboys sit at 5 in the draft with a real opportunity to get into the top 3. If the Cowboys are successful in that quest for a top 3 pick, it sets them up with a real opportunity to either stockpile draft picks by trading that pick to a more quarterback needy team or take the quarterback yourself if you are unable to work out a deal with Dak Prescott.
I have five games to watch in week 9 if you are joining me in rooting for the Cowboys to land a top 3 draft pick.
Current NFL draft order.
- New York Jets (0-8)
- New York Giants (1-7)
- Jacksonville Jaguars (1-6)
- Houston Texans (1-6, pick goes to Miami)
- Dallas Cowboys (2-6)
- Atlanta Falcons (2-6)
- Washington Football Team (2-5)
- Los Angeles Chargers (2-5)
- New England Patriots (2-5)
- Minnesota Vikings (2-5)
Houston Texans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
Who I want to win: Jaguars. The Texans are more likely than the Jags to win games the 2nd half of the season. The Jags are going with a rookie quarterback for the time being after benching Gardner Minshew.
Denver Broncos vs. Atlanta Falcons
Who I want to win: Falcons. The Broncos already have three wins so the Falcons joining the club at 3 wins would eliminate one of the seven teams with two wins that are in the NFL right now.
New York Giants vs. Washington Football team
Who I want to win: Giants. The Giants aren’t going to win more than 4 games this season whether they win this game or not and Washington is going to compete with the Eagles to win the NFC East.
Detroit Lions vs. Minnesota Vikings
Who I want to win: Vikings. I am actually OK with either one of these teams winning. If the Lions win, they will have four wins and the Cowboys will have a two game lead on them for draft position and you still have an opportunity to separate yourselves from the Vikings starting with a week 11 matchup with the Vikings in Minnesota.
New England Patriots vs. New York Jets
Who I want to win: Jets. You are going to struggle to find any wins for this Jets team so playing a two win division rival at home on a Monday night might be the best opportunity to steal a win.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- In the season of giving thanks, let’s all follow the example of Rangers’ Jose Trevino
- Surveying the Mavericks place in the Western Conference pecking order after free agency
- Ranking the Mavericks recent City Edition jerseys with the 2020-2021 version now official
- Thoughts on the Mavericks roster after the first weekend of NBA Free Agency
- Game Recap: Cowboys earn third win behind fourth-quarter play
- Mavs bring back Cauley-Stein on two-year deal
- Mavericks agree to terms with Wes Iwundu
- Mavericks trade Delon Wright and Justin Jackson in a deal focused on keeping options open in the future
- Is it Fair to Call Joey Gallo’s 2020 Season a Regression?
- Re-signing of Trey Burke brings back Mavericks bubble spark plug