Kelvin Joseph was taken with the 44th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. Joseph is a 6’1” corner out of Kentucky.
In his spare time, Joseph likes to rap. His rapper name is “YKDV Bossman Fat.” The name started back when he was a baby. He was a chubby baby so his family called him fat. When he took on rapping in middle school, he added “bossman,” and then later added YKDV. YKDV stands for “You know da vibes.”
Coming out of high school, Joseph was highly recruited. He ended up committing to his hometown LSU Tigers.
Other schools in the mix were Joseph had offers from Alabama, Florida State, Auburn and Florida.
As a true freshman, Joseph played 11 games at LSU but was suspended from playing in the teams bowl game due to violating team rules. What those rules were is not exactly known.
When asked about Josephs off the field concerns, Stephen Jones said the team feels good about that Joseph has his “off the field under control.”
After transferring to Kentucky in 2019, Joseph was forced to sit out the 2019 season due to the college transfer rules.
Joseph returned to play in 2020 playing 9 games. He caught 4 interceptions in those 9 games including a pick against Tennessee. In 2020, he played 9 games and caught 4 interceptions including one pick six. One of his best games in college was against Alabama. He did not allow a catch on 3 targets.
When reading about Joseph and then watching highlights of him, you will quickly see that he has outstanding ball skills. One area of improvement for Kelvin is his focus level down in and down out.
I expect Joseph to come in and earn a starting job opposite Trevon Diggs.
- What to watch for in the regular season finale as the Mavs take on the Timberwolves
- After a slow start, David Dahl is on the rise for the Rangers
- A couple of takeaways from the Mavericks victory over the Raptors
- What to watch for as Dallas hosts the Toronto Raptors
- Mavs push Pelicans out of playoffs behind explosive 45-point second quarter
- 2021 Dallas Cowboys schedule takeaways
- The PGA Tour returns to Dallas for the 2021 Byron Nelson at TPC Craig Ranch
- What’s the deal with the Texas Rangers and series openers?
- What to watch for as Mavs host the New Orleans Pelicans
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars miss the postseason: Is that actually a good thing?