Maurice Linguist, 35, is the new defensive backs coach for the Dallas Cowboys. Linguist is from Mesquite, Texas and most recently was the Texas A&M cornerbacks coach.
Linguist went to Baylor for college where he played safety (2003-2006) for the Bears and received his Bachelors degree in communications in 2006. In 2007, he received a Masters in Health, Human Performance, and Recreation.
Linguist began coaching in 2007 as a Baylor graduate assistant/safeties coach. He quickly moved on from that position in 2008 where he took over as the Valdosta State defensive backs coach/special teams coach.
Before becoming one of the best young assistants with the Aggies, he spent 2009-2017 as the defensive backs coach at James Madison, Buffalo, Iowa State and Mississippi State.
While speaking with the media, Linguist said he will spend the majority of his time with the safeties and slot corners. Former cornerback, Al Harris will work with the cornerbacks.
“Ballhawks,” Linguist replied when asked the type of safeties he wants. “If you are looking at an elite defensive player, you want somebody who can be aggressive to the ball and go make plays on the ball.”
Linguist also addressed getting more interceptions for the Cowboys.
“Everything begins with a mental approach. It has to consume you, you have to be obsessed with it. So that’s going to be a big piece on how we build our unit on the back end.”
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Byrd’s Walk-Off Grand Slam Downs the Yankees
- PGA Tour set to tee it back up
- ‘Focus on today’: Don Kalkstein on mental health in the NBA & maneuvering through the COVID-19 pandemic
- With plenty of floating ideas, which is the best one to bring back the NBA?
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: More on the NHL’s plan to return to play
- Making sense of the “Return to Play” plan and how it affects the Stars
- Rangers broadcaster CJ Nitkowski discusses the possible routes to a 2020 season
- 2012 Rangers Bonus: How Texas fares in baseball simulation vs. Actual results
- Esports Trade Association President John Davidson talks connecting with the female audience and possible growth opportunities
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Colby Lewis dominates in Seattle, but offense doesn’t break through until the 12th