With Mike McCarthy as the new head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, there were questions about how much input he would have in putting together his staff because of Jerry Jones.
Those questions were put to bed quickly as one new coach after another came walking into The Star in Frisco. There are former NFL head coaches, guys with a lot of NFL experience and some that have never coached on the NFL level.
We know the names, but I wanted to start putting together pieces to show who the new faces are as coaches.
Starting off, I took a look at new defensive coordinator, Mike Nolan.
Mike Nolan is 61 years old and has been in the NFL pretty much every year since 1987 in various roles from head coach to special teams coach. The past three seasons, he has been the New Orleans Saints linebackers coach.
In Nolan’s time as head coach, he went 18-37 with the San Francisco 49ers.
He was last a defensive coordinator in Atlanta from 2012-2014. One thing that stands out about those defenses is that they took the ball away quite a bit but also gave up a bunch of yards. They never ranked higher than 24th in total yards given up, which tells me he is okay with his guys taking risks in order to get the football.
Mike Nolan during his first media session in Dallas: “The No. 1 thing in winning football games is getting the ball for your offense. As a defense, that’s what we’ll strive to do all the time.”
Takeaways for Nolan’s defense in Atlanta.
2013 – 21
2014 – 28
Points per game given up in Atlanta from 2012-2014
2012 – 18.7
2013 – 27.7
2014 – 26.1
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Keeping it Semi-Casual: What would it take for the Mavs to match up well with the Clippers?
- Mavericks fall 126-111 as Clippers control the fourth quarter
- Three positions to monitor during Cowboys training camp
- Three Rangers who could be early candidates to be dealt at the Trade Deadline
- Stars likely slated for fourth seed in Western Conference after qualifier loss to Colorado
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 6: The Life and Times of 2020 with Levi Weaver
- What to watch for as Mavs get first look at the Clippers in The Bubble
- The 2020 PGA Championship at Harding Park Preview
- Five takeaways from Amari Cooper’s media session
- Mavericks shake clutch woes for one afternoon as they beat Kings in OT