On Friday evening, Jeff Passan of ESPN reported that MLB set the 2020 postseason bubble in terms of ballparks. Most importantly, the Rangers’ new Globe Life Field would host an NLDS series, the NLCS, and the World Series. The Rangers finish the season at home September 25-27 against the Houston Astros, but an off span would hit (Assuming that the Rangers don’t make a miraculous trip to the fourth seed in the American League). Once the wild card round ends, Globe Life Field would be up and running until the end of October and possibly early November.
— Alex Plinck (@aplinckTX) September 12, 2020
There’s some intrigue on the Rangers’ new stadium being the host of the fall classic. The west teams (outside of San Francisco and Houston) have all got a small peek at how the park plays. Managers like Dave Roberts of the Dodgers don’t care for the new Rangers’ stomping ground dimensions. I’m curious to see if the Dodgers, Padres, or Rockies (three teams in the NL race that have played at Globe Life Field) have a distinct advantage against teams like the Cubs, Braves, or Phillies. Globe Life Field has many nooks and strange cutouts throughout that could create issues with fielders. Plus, the field plays like Chase Field in Arizona, which makes another advantage.
Add Dave Roberts to the list of players/coaches not fond of Globe Life Field's new makeup. https://t.co/RWMcGO4YHg
— Alex Plinck (@aplinckTX) August 30, 2020
It’s clear the public hasn’t had an excellent response to the announcement since Rangers fans are a little salty since the club likely will miss the playoffs. However, the thought of seeing the new ballpark on a national scale is a fantastic feeling and a great way to introduce the beauty inside of Globe Life Field to the baseball world. Rangers’ manager Chris Woodward responded to the thought of this year’s World Series played in Arlington, without the Rangers. “I think it’d be great for the community. That’d be fantastic.”
It’ll be the first World Series in Arlington since Game 5 of the 2011 World Series. With many changes happening in 2020, the neutral-site World Series might be another topic discussed in the future to be a permanent fixture.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Dallas Cowboys way-too-early 2021 draft preview: First round defensive tackles
- DSF Mailbag: Confidence in the offense after Sunday’s performance?
- Takeaways From Game Two, as Lightning Even the Series
- Around the NFC East: Cowboys win on Sunday creates big opportunity in upcoming weeks
- TweetCap: Fans react to the Cowboys comeback win over Atlanta
- Join Rangers Kyle Gibson and Big League Impact and Play Topgolf for Charity
- DSF Q&A: Five questions for Dallas after 40-39 win over Atlanta
- Game Recap: Cowboys win against all odds against Falcons
- Former SMU Mustang Bryson DeChambeau wins US Open at Winged Foot
- Are the 2020 circumstances in baseball benefitting the Rangers’ development?