The Dallas Cowboys open their 2019 campaign at home against the New York Giants today. It has been a dramatic, yet fulfilling, couple months leading up to this division matchup. Contract disputes, holdouts and various injuries filled headlines throughout training camp. But as this front office has shown countless times, things get done when they need to get done. Now we’re here. After so much drama, our writers give their predictions on the Cowboys opener against the Giants.
Corey Douglass: I expect the Cowboys to come out and win convincingly against the New York Giants. It remains to be seen how much Ezekiel Elliott will play, but I do not think it will matter. The Giants are very limited on offense as far as playmakers so the key to the game will be containing Saquon Barkley. Cowboys 27, Giants 13.
Dylan Duell: Another edition of Cowboys-Giants at home to open the season isn’t necessarily the most exciting matchup on paper, but it’s finally time for real Cowboy football, so I’ll take it. All the talk I’ve heard all week is making the game out to be a lay-up for Dallas and it sure looks like it on paper. But I think the Cowboys will come out a little slower than expected with basically all of their starters not playing much together during training camp. Dallas still has more than enough to get it done over a Giants team still sticking with Eli Manning. 21-13 Cowboys.
Juwan Lee: Sometimes a team is just better. Despite the division rivalry aspect and the fact it’s week 1, this Dallas Cowboys team is just better. The Cowboys put to rest the biggest question of training camp with locking up Elliot for the next eight years. As much anguish as these contract negotiations caused, it allowed secondary contributors on both sides of the ball to contribute. Elliot holding out, along with DeMarcus Lawrence and Byron Jones recovering from surgery, we saw how deep the talent runs on this roster. It’s something the Giants do not have the luxury of proclaiming. Give me the better team at home rallying around the return of number 21. 28-17 Cowboys.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Three takeaways as the depleted Mavericks lose their third straight to Toronto
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars enter 2021 season with question marks after delayed start
- What to watch for as the Mavericks look to bounce back against Toronto
- A couple of takeaways from the Mavericks 117-101 loss to the Bulls.
- Photos: Mavs vs Bulls (January 17, 2021)
- Will the Mavs overcome late-game woes against the skidding Chicago Bulls?
- Predicting the 2021 Texas Rangers Roster Configuration: Outfield and DH
- Late game miscues stand out as Mavericks fall to the Bucks in Milwaukee
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 19: The holidays are not over w/ Wes Benjamin
- As Kristaps Porzingis returns, the Mavericks are poised to take the league by storm