It was a rocky first half for the Cowboys as they allowed Arizona to score rather easily on their first couple of drives. We saw a lot of safety Byron Jones during the first quarter coming over on those plays.
A couple of notable players this game are Brice Butler and Rico Gathers. These guys reminded us that the preseason isn’t about wins or loses— it’s about earning the star, as the Cowboys put it.
There has been positive talk about Butler during training camp and after the plays he made this game it is clear that he is determined to keep his spot on the roster.
Butler caught two passes from backup quarterback, Kellen Moore, including a diving 32-yard gain that definitely set the tone for the night. With all other receivers sitting out, this was Butler’s moment to prove himself and that is exactly what he did. It may take a little more to consider him as a starting receiver on this team but he is certainly moving in the right direction.
The hype about Rico Gathers has been real…so far. Gathers played all four quarters of the game and definitely took advantage of his play time with Geoff Swaim and James Hanna sitting out.
Gathers had three notable catches for 59 yards and a 26-yard touchdown that had an excited Dez Bryant celebrating on the sideline.
NOTEWORTHY: Alfred Morris displayed strong athleticism with a Zeke-worthy spin move on a 25-yard run. He has 42 yards for seven carries and showed experience in making good reads.
These three players could have a lot to offer as the next few weeks unfold before beginning the official season.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
/ 3 months ago
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Rangers slugger Joey Gallo tests positive for COVID-19
- SMU alum Bryson DeChambeau comes back to win in Michigan
- Four observations from the Rangers first intrasquad game on Sunday
- One year later, Mavs free agency signings of 2019 are proving their worth
- Three Rangers with the most future money on the line in a condensed 2020 season
- ‘We all got a little more extra juice now’: Kristaps Porzingis on the NBA season restart
- Summer Camp begins for the Rangers; four things to pinpoint before the season starts
- Spieth and many other big names out as the PGA Tour heads to Detroit for the Rocket Mortgage Classic
- FC Dallas in the spotlight due to to nine reported positive COVID-19 tests in Orlando
- A Dak Prescott decision needs to made