It was a rocky first half for the Cowboys as they allowed Arizona to score rather easily on their first couple of drives. We saw a lot of safety Byron Jones during the first quarter coming over on those plays.
A couple of notable players this game are Brice Butler and Rico Gathers. These guys reminded us that the preseason isn’t about wins or loses— it’s about earning the star, as the Cowboys put it.
There has been positive talk about Butler during training camp and after the plays he made this game it is clear that he is determined to keep his spot on the roster.
Butler caught two passes from backup quarterback, Kellen Moore, including a diving 32-yard gain that definitely set the tone for the night. With all other receivers sitting out, this was Butler’s moment to prove himself and that is exactly what he did. It may take a little more to consider him as a starting receiver on this team but he is certainly moving in the right direction.
The hype about Rico Gathers has been real…so far. Gathers played all four quarters of the game and definitely took advantage of his play time with Geoff Swaim and James Hanna sitting out.
Gathers had three notable catches for 59 yards and a 26-yard touchdown that had an excited Dez Bryant celebrating on the sideline.
NOTEWORTHY: Alfred Morris displayed strong athleticism with a Zeke-worthy spin move on a 25-yard run. He has 42 yards for seven carries and showed experience in making good reads.
These three players could have a lot to offer as the next few weeks unfold before beginning the official season.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Three takeaways as the depleted Mavericks lose their third straight to Toronto
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars enter 2021 season with question marks after delayed start
- What to watch for as the Mavericks look to bounce back against Toronto
- A couple of takeaways from the Mavericks 117-101 loss to the Bulls.
- Photos: Mavs vs Bulls (January 17, 2021)
- Will the Mavs overcome late-game woes against the skidding Chicago Bulls?
- Predicting the 2021 Texas Rangers Roster Configuration: Outfield and DH
- Late game miscues stand out as Mavericks fall to the Bucks in Milwaukee
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 19: The holidays are not over w/ Wes Benjamin
- As Kristaps Porzingis returns, the Mavericks are poised to take the league by storm