As a new season, with new players begins, FC Dallas – like many other teams – will learn their true potential as the season goes by. For now, it’s time for new methods, new tactics, and well, working hard.
Following an outstanding run in 2016 where they clinched the Supporter’s Shield Title, FC Dallas qualified for the conference semifinals; but lost to the Seattle Sounders, who would eventually become champions in the MLS Cup against Toronto in PK’s.
In 2017, FC Dallas had high hopes, but things took an unexpected turn mid season. Following the away win against Montreal Impact (2-1) on July 22, FC Dallas would not taste any sort of victory for at least two months. Questions were flying everywhere to Oscar Pareja on how he was going to fix that. FC Dallas went out with a record of 0-6-4 in those two months before gaining a win against Colorado Rapids.
After an embarrassing elimination in the CONCACAF Champions League against Tauro FC in February, it appears FC Dallas is learning from their mistakes. Two games into the season, FC Dallas has scored four points and has one win (3-0 vs Seattle Sounders) and a tie (1-1 vs Real Salt Lake). Can FC Dallas reach a playoff spot? I think so, it’s too early in the season to say.
This year is the one where they need to step up their game. And, with the new faces like Reto Ziegler and Anton Nedyalkov that could be possible. Winning games and controlling that back line will be something to watch out for. Maxi Urruti needs to be even more solid up in the front. Mauro Diaz needs to be more dynamic in the attacking midfield as he will be an impressive provider of assists and beautiful goals as he’s already shown before. FC Dallas needs full performances from all of their key players if they want a shot at the title at the end of the season.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
/ 3 months ago
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Evaluating the new 2020 Rangers regular season schedule
- Three Rangers needing to click for team success in 2020
- Rangers slugger Joey Gallo tests positive for COVID-19
- SMU alum Bryson DeChambeau comes back to win in Michigan
- Four observations from the Rangers first intrasquad game on Sunday
- One year later, Mavs free agency signings of 2019 are proving their worth
- Three Rangers with the most future money on the line in a condensed 2020 season
- ‘We all got a little more extra juice now’: Kristaps Porzingis on the NBA season restart
- Summer Camp begins for the Rangers; four things to pinpoint before the season starts
- Spieth and many other big names out as the PGA Tour heads to Detroit for the Rocket Mortgage Classic