Congratulations are in order for Dallas Wings‘ center Liz Cambage who scored a record-setting 53 points in the 104-87 Wings win over NY Liberty Tuesday afternoon.
Cambage put on a monster performance outscoring the Liberty starting five (53-43) and ended the game with 53 points, 10 rebounds. The single-game scoring record was previously held by former Tulsa Shock guard Riquna Williams when she scored 51 points in 2013.
“It wasn’t my focus, my focus is to win every game,” said Cambage on setting a new record. “It’s nice to make history, but at the end of the day we have another game in two days and we’ve got to focus on tomorrow now.”
Cambage dominated the first half of the game scoring 28 points, a personal career-high for points in one half. The Liberty took control of the third quarter and took their first lead of the game after managing to keep up with Cambage.
The game appeared to be getting rocky quickly for the Wings, even more so when Coach Fred Williams got called on two technical fouls and was ejected from the game.
“I told the team out of halftime the first four minutes are important for us,” Williams said. “New York jumped to it first and made some big plays and we didn’t take care of the ball.”
Cambage alone scored 20 points in the fourth quarter to help seal the Wings win. Glory Johnson and Allisha Gray each added 13 points while Kayla Thornton scored 10 points and Skylar Diggins-Smith ended with nine points, seven assists.
The WNBA is set to announce its All-Stars tonight and both Cambage and Diggins-Smith have a hot shot at being selected, and after today’s performance Cambage has made her case.
The Wings (13-9) finish their two-game stretch against the Mystics July 19.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Three Rangers with major questions surrounding them in the second half of Summer Camp
- Dak, Cowboys unlikely to reach deal before Wednesdays deadline
- Dallas Wings release Wubble season schedule
- After three playoff holes, Colin Morikawa wins at Muirfield Village
- Five Rangers making their presence known after Week One of Summer Camp
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Qualifiers get the green light- how does Dallas matchup in its first three games?
- Best of the Mavericks social media fun after several days in the bubble
- NHL set to return August 1st; Stars skate again on August 3rd
- Tony Romo seeks third straight American Century Championship title in Lake Tahoe
- Key details from the announced Rangers 2021 schedule