The importance of being unified as one, whether that’s as a basketball team or fighting for social justice and racial equality, is vital to help achieve what you sought after.
On Thursday, during an interview on ESPN’s Outside The Lines, Mavericks owner Mark Cuban spoke on the potential of player protests when the season resumes and for seasons to come, whether that’s kneeling during the National Anthem or using their voice and platform otherwise.
“Hopefully we’ll be adaptive. Hopefully we’ll allow the players to do what’s in their hearts, whether it’s holding an arm in the air, whether it’s taking a knee,” Cuban said on Outside The Lines.
“I don’t think this is an issue of respect or disrespect to the flag or to the anthem or to the country. I think this is more a reflection of our players’ committed to this country and the fact that it’s so important to them that they’re willing to say what’s in their heart and do what they think is right.”
— Outside The Lines (@OTLonESPN) June 18, 2020
When asked how’d he feel if Maverick players took a knee during the Anthem, Cuban explained his hope to join them. “If they were taking a knee and being respectful, I’d be proud of them. Hopefully I’d join them.”
Cuban and the Mavericks organization have been very vocal and active during these times, participating in protests while also helping clean up the Dallas area.
— Dallas Mavericks (@dallasmavs) June 3, 2020
Cuban, alongside Dwight Powell, Maxi Kleber, Justin Jackson, and Jalen Brunson, all took part in a protest in Downtown Dallas in memory of George Floyd.
I’ll stand in unison with our players, whatever they choose to do.”
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Old Rivalry Renewed as Stars Take on Red Wings at Home
- Two key areas of inconsistency show as Mavs squander late lead over Nuggets
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 20: Hip Hip Hooray with Jose Trevino
- Photos: Stars vs Predators – Jan. 25th, 2021
- Mavericks still searching for any bit of consistency as they host the Nuggets
- Stars Win Second in a Row Against the Predators
- Problems arise in Mavericks worst loss of the season to the Rockets
- Mavericks look to extend winning streak against the Rockets
- Luka and the Mavs make it happen when it counts in win over the Spurs
- How will the Rangers handle attendance in 2021 with Spring Training and the season approaching?