Nearly four months after requesting a trade, Dallas Wings center Liz Cambage publicizes the heavy toll the process is taking on her physical and mental health.
“I’m too old for this bullshit,” said Cambage in a series of tearful Instragram stories. “And I’m this close to running my mouth. This fucking close.”
The 6’8 All-Star made WNBA history last season after scoring 53 points in a single game. She averaged 23 points, 10 rebounds per game taking the league by storm earning a dedicated fanbase and runner up for MVP.
When news of Cambage’s trade request broke, WNBA Twitter erupted and has been abuzz since.
She brought a unique, talented and honest approach to the WNBA at a time when it was most needed, but the circumstances have vastly changed for Cambage.
Note, Cambage doesn’t confirm she is speaking out on her pending trade but makes it clear enough to safely assume.
Cambage then looks “on the plus side” by adding that the built-up stress is aiding her noticeable weight loss.
It was only two days ago that Las Vegas allegedly sought to acquire Cambage through the trade but the likelihood of a deal going through is doubtful especially after the supposed trade involved Moriah Jefferson who is now rumored to be taking this season off, per WNBAinsidr.
Back in April Wings CEO Greg Bibb made it clear that a trade involving Cambage must be of “equitable value” for the Wings franchise or he would simply decline.
One thing is certain, Cambage has no plans of playing with the Wings moving forward and will likely continue publicly sharing her dissatisfaction until an agreement is reached.
The Dallas Wings have yet to make a comment on the situation.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- ‘Focus on today’: Don Kalkstein on mental health in the NBA & maneuvering through the COVID-19 pandemic
- With plenty of floating ideas, which is the best one to bring back the NBA?
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: More on the NHL’s plan to return to play
- Making sense of the “Return to Play” plan and how it affects the Stars
- Rangers broadcaster CJ Nitkowski discusses the possible routes to a 2020 season
- 2012 Rangers Bonus: How Texas fares in baseball simulation vs. Actual results
- Esports Trade Association President John Davidson talks connecting with the female audience and possible growth opportunities
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Colby Lewis dominates in Seattle, but offense doesn’t break through until the 12th
- Should’ve been, could’ve been: The story of the 2012 Texas Rangers, Part Three
- How many quarterbacks are better than Dak Prescott?