In sports, we’re quickly learning that money isn’t everything. The NCAA lost at least $700 million and the Olympics are close to $800 million with postponing. We were all shocked when our phones started blowing up with conferences canceling their tournaments. Was the research done though? Or were they just following a trend? A month ago we had no idea what coronavirus was now; it’s all we see.
What I mean by the research is that at the time and given the knowledge of the coronavirus (COVID-19). For Hypothetical purposes, I’ll use the Big 12. Let’s say the SEC, Pac 12, WAC, and all these other conferences cancel because of fear of what if. They don’t know how bad COVID-19 will get; they just know it as a similar thing to the flu.
The Big 12 hosts the tournament in Lubbock and all the Ad’s come to a meeting and say each team has 0 positive tests. No one has Corona but because all of these other conferences cancel, the Big 12 decides to cancel. Now, knowing what we know do you think we should still have played the tournament? Do you think we should’ve canceled every sporting event until the fall?
There have been so many questions and answers and more questions and so on. It’s immeasurable the number of questions that have come from social media, the NCAA, the athletic directors, and the athletes. My heart breaks for the athletes. I was so close to coming back and finishing my last outdoor track season, now I’m glad I didn’t. These athletes are faced with having to stay an extra year with 2 semesters of tuition to pay, a year more in college. Which is great, what about those students who have opportunities planned for when they graduate, what are they supposed to do? They’re left with a very big decision to make.
March 12, 2020 sports changed. Was it for the better or was it for the worse? Let us know your thoughts.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Finals Game Four: Can the Stars save their miracle run?
- Stamkos & Lightning pound Dallas for 2-1 lead; Can Stars save their season in Game Four?
- Dallas Cowboys Stock Report: Week 2
- Keeping It Semi-Casual: Looking back on the classic Cowboys-Seahawks game back in October 2014
- How does Dallas’ defense stack up against the rest of the league?
- Dallas Cowboys way-too-early 2021 draft preview: First round defensive tackles
- DSF Mailbag: Confidence in the offense after Sunday’s performance?
- Takeaways From Game Two, as Lightning Even the Series
- Around the NFC East: Cowboys win on Sunday creates big opportunity in upcoming weeks
- TweetCap: Fans react to the Cowboys comeback win over Atlanta