Poor performances in the last three games has left many FC Dallas fans worrying about the team. But is it time to panic?
Those who have been following the team for years, are very familiar with the fact that these stretches are not uncommon. While it has only been three games, the nature of the results has been the most worrying thing.
A 4-0 loss at home to Vancouver, a 3-1 road loss to Philadelphia, and a 0-0 tie at home to Colorado, who have been one of the worst teams in the league this year.
During the stretch we’ve seen the team experimenting with different formations and different lineups, including benching play-maker Mauro Diaz, as a way to find results.
While the results are worrying, this stretch has seen FC Dallas play without some key players due to suspensions, and injuries. This upcoming weekend may be the closest to full strength we’ve seen FC Dallas in a while. They’ll definitely need it as they face off against Sporting Kansas City. The win drought could definitely extend one more game as Sporting are one of the best teams in the West and tend to dominate FC Dallas at home.
While this has been a touch stretch, it’s a long season and FC Dallas is still only two points out of first place in the Western Conference, with two games in hand.
While the Supporters’ Shield may be slipping out of reach, if there’s anything we’ve learned in MLS from the last couple seasons, it is that all that matters if you want to win MLS Cup is that you’re playing your best soccer at the end of the season going into the playoffs.
So hang in there FC Dallas fans. Consider me the Michael Scott during Dwight’s emergency preparedness drill. “EVERYBODY STAY CALM!” There is plenty more soccer to be played.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Reactions after Mavs snap three-game losing streak against Pacers
- Mavericks visit the Pacers as both teams fight through major injuries
- Three takeaways as the depleted Mavericks lose their third straight to Toronto
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars enter 2021 season with question marks after delayed start
- What to watch for as the Mavericks look to bounce back against Toronto
- A couple of takeaways from the Mavericks 117-101 loss to the Bulls.
- Photos: Mavs vs Bulls (January 17, 2021)
- Will the Mavs overcome late-game woes against the skidding Chicago Bulls?
- Predicting the 2021 Texas Rangers Roster Configuration: Outfield and DH
- Late game miscues stand out as Mavericks fall to the Bucks in Milwaukee