When the Dallas Mavericks welcome back Chandler Parsons and the Memphis Grizzlies to the AAC tonight, they’ll be without their second leading scorer. According to an ESPN report, the Mavs will be without guard J.J. Barea for about six weeks as he recoevered from a torn muscle suffered in the Mavs 90-83 loss the Boston Celtics on Wednesday night.
“Thank God there is no damage to the Achilles tendon and no surgery is required. I have a tear in the muscle between my calf and the tendon. I will have to use a walking boot for two weeks and won’t partake in any physical activity for the next month.” Barea said.
With Barea out and Seth Curry as the lone healthy point guard on the roster, the ailing 2-8 Mavs were forced to make a move. They officially signed free agent point guard Jonathan Gibson today with Devin Harris (toe) out and Deron Williams (calf) still recovering from his latest injury. Williams is listed as questionable for tonight’s game.
Barea averaged 16.3 points and 5.4 assists in nine games for the Mavs.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- In the season of giving thanks, let’s all follow the example of Rangers’ Jose Trevino
- Surveying the Mavericks place in the Western Conference pecking order after free agency
- Ranking the Mavericks recent City Edition jerseys with the 2020-2021 version now official
- Thoughts on the Mavericks roster after the first weekend of NBA Free Agency
- Game Recap: Cowboys earn third win behind fourth-quarter play
- Mavs bring back Cauley-Stein on two-year deal
- Mavericks agree to terms with Wes Iwundu
- Mavericks trade Delon Wright and Justin Jackson in a deal focused on keeping options open in the future
- Is it Fair to Call Joey Gallo’s 2020 Season a Regression?
- Re-signing of Trey Burke brings back Mavericks bubble spark plug