It had been approximately 19 months since Jaylon Smith played in a real football game but his long-awaited NFL debut was nothing less of exciting.
In the first pre-season game at AT&T Stadium Saturday night, Smith played 12 snaps against the Indianapolis Colts with one very notable play.
Smith made a huge stop against Colts tight end Jack Doyle on third down to force a punt.
With the type of injury Smith suffered (torn ACL/ LCL) it would be easy to lose faith in a young player who has never played a single snap of professional football.
But when asked if he had ever doubted himself, Smiths reply was “No. No. Not one moment,” via ESPN.
“From day one, I’ve believed in myself, and I thank the supporters everywhere, even everyone who doubted me.”
The team expressed full-on support and excitement for Smith on the sidelines and joining them was all of #CowboysNation on Twitter making it clear that Cowboys fans have been pulling for him since the beginning.
“It’s a blessing,” said Smith. “It’s a blessing to be out here. It’s a blessing to be playing for America’s Team. I’m so honored to just to play the game I love.”
Smith has made it clear that “it’s just the beginning, and it was a remarkable day.”
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Three takeaways as the depleted Mavericks lose their third straight to Toronto
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars enter 2021 season with question marks after delayed start
- What to watch for as the Mavericks look to bounce back against Toronto
- A couple of takeaways from the Mavericks 117-101 loss to the Bulls.
- Photos: Mavs vs Bulls (January 17, 2021)
- Will the Mavs overcome late-game woes against the skidding Chicago Bulls?
- Predicting the 2021 Texas Rangers Roster Configuration: Outfield and DH
- Late game miscues stand out as Mavericks fall to the Bucks in Milwaukee
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 19: The holidays are not over w/ Wes Benjamin
- As Kristaps Porzingis returns, the Mavericks are poised to take the league by storm