Dallas opened up the scoring less than three minutes into the first period. Vegas missed a shot on goal during a scoring opportunity, which allowed Dallas to turn back up the ice. Jamie Benn maintained control into the zone and shot the puck, which was blocked, but the puck bounced right to a rushing John Klingberg, who was able to bury it.
Khudobin made some huge saves throughout the period, stopping all eight shots the Knights had for him.
Dallas went into the 2nd period with a 1-0 lead.
The Stars came out strong in the period, outshooting their opponent, only allowing one shot for the first three quarters of the period. Play was getting pretty rough between the two teams. Throughout the period, Nick Cousins and Jamie Benn were getting especially chippy with each other.
The second concluded 1-0, but Dallas maintained the momentum. However, it felt like the Stars needed to capitalize on more chances to have a little more breathing room.
Vegas came out strong against Dallas, outshooting them through the period. They had a really good chance to score back door, with less than a minute left, but Khudobin would get the his stick on the pass to break it up.
Dallas held on to the only goal of the game, that happened 57 minutes before, to seal the deal.
Khudobin– 24 save shut out
Benn– Assist, 4 hits
- The Stars are playing “playoff hockey”, banging bodies, wearing down their opponents, and they’re brandishing a more physical style of play.
- Dallas has proved they can win games that are high and low scoring. They’re proving they can beat their opposition at whatever game they want to play.
- Stars D-Men won the puck battles behind their own goal line this game. They also continue to do a great job of stopping the other team’s forwards in the neutral zone, or at the very least, by the time they get to the blue line. This style of play is what allows them to jump into rushes, which is why their defense has so many points these playoffs.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Takeaways From Game Two, as Lightning Even the Series
- Around the NFC East: Cowboys win on Sunday creates big opportunity in upcoming weeks
- TweetCap: Fans react to the Cowboys comeback win over Atlanta
- Join Rangers Kyle Gibson and Big League Impact and Play Topgolf for Charity
- DSF Q&A: Five questions for Dallas after 40-39 win over Atlanta
- Game Recap: Cowboys win against all odds against Falcons
- Former SMU Mustang Bryson DeChambeau wins US Open at Winged Foot
- Are the 2020 circumstances in baseball benefitting the Rangers’ development?
- The Stars take game one handily thanks to Khudobin and defensemen scoring
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Finals Preview