Just one game after Luka Doncic returned to the Mavericks’ lineup, Kristaps Porzingis is now in protocol.
Mavericks PR announced on Monday that Kristaps Porzingis has entered the league’s health and safety protocol, along with Trey Burke, Boban Marjanovic, and Isaiah Thomas.
Trey Burke (H&S protocols), Willie Cauley-Stein (personal reasons), Boban Marjanović (H&S protocols), JaQuori McLaughlin (H&S protocols), Kristaps Porzingis (H&S protocols) and Isaiah Thomas (H&S protocols) will all miss tonight’s game against Denver.
— Mavs PR (@MavsPR) January 3, 2022
Kristaps Porzingis missed Sunday’s game due to rest while Luka Doncic returned to the floor on Sunday night after missing 23 days due to an ankle injury and being in protocol.
With KP now out for potentially the next few games, look for Marquese Chriss to continue to step in and play an important role for the Mavericks, alongside Dwight Powell and Maxi Kleber, as a decision is looming on his future with the team with his second 10-day contract coming to an end.
Porzingis is now averaging 20.6 points, 8.0 rebounds, 2.3 assists, and 1.7 blocks per game.
- Victory Avenue Podcast Episode 32: The Mavs can play some defense and Luka finally went nuclear
- ICYMI: Dallas Stars Fanatic Pod teams up with Starcastic Remarks for Canadiens Postgame Reaction
- Rangers’ Manager Chris Woodward joins Top Step Podcast with his Cobbers
- Expiring contracts of Jalen Brunson and Dorian Finney-Smith shouldn’t be untouchable, but only for the right piece for rolling Mavericks
- Cowboys Playoff Preview: Time to find out if the 2021 Cowboys are different