A late game stumble cost FC Dallas valuable points in the standings after a 1-0 loss in Minnesota on Saturday night.
This match saw poor performances from both teams that nearly put everyone to sleeo. Both teams seemed okay with splitting the points up and calling it a night.
Only one plyer decided to become a hero, second half substitute Mason Toye took matters into his own hands to score a stoppage time goal for Minnesota United FC. Following a long shot from Ján Greguš, FCD keeper Jesse Gonzalez allowed the rebound which landed right on Mason Toye’s feet who would just tap it into the FC Dallas’ open net.
The game seemed like it would end in a definite win by the Minnesota United side, but also in stoppage time, VAR had to intervene to call a penalty in favor of the visitors. A few moments from the original play, the referee decided to call the penalty after reviewing VAR to make his final decision and make the penalty call.
Reto Ziegler was the man to step up and be the hero that would tie the game in the last minute of the game, but Minnesota United FC goalie Vito Mannone had other plans for the Swiss defender. The Minnesota keeper made the correct decision in throwing his body to his right side and getting his hands to stop Reto Ziegler’s shot.
The game ended in a disappointing result for FCD, this being their second straight loss on the road. FC Dallas now sits in seventh place of the Western Conference with 29 points, with an 8-8-5 record for Luchi Gonzalez’s first season as the head coach.
Next up for FC Dallas is an international’s friendly at home against La Liga’s own Sevilla.
Sevilla will be playing their second game of their pre-season following a win against Championship team Reading, beating them in a 2-1 margin in La Rinconada, Spain. Following their game against FC Dallas they will head to Boston Massachusetts to face Liverpool.
The game will take place July 17th at 7pm Central Time at Toyota Stadium. Make sure to be really hydrated for the probable high summer temperatures.
FC Dallas on the other hand should play this friendly with many youngsters given the fact the three days later they will have to face Sporting Kansas City. Knowing that this will be a difficult match, coach Gonzalez has to make the right changes to play Sevilla and be able to be competitive against Sporting Kansas City with a well rested squad.
💬 "It hurts because it felt like we did a lot of good things."
— FC Dallas (@FCDallas) July 14, 2019
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- International return dates for Mavs stars are among the new details emerging in NBA’s plan to return
- As MLB owners and players clash over money, Rangers baseball in 2020 is looking iffier than ever
- NBA ready to ratify plan for a return in Orlando; How does it shake out for the Mavs?
- Prescott makes impactful statement on George Floyd, donates $1M to cause
- Dirk Nowitzki & the Mavericks backing up their words with action in the community
- PHOTOS: Protests around DFW
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Vicente Padilla’s gem and Michael Young Clutch double lifts Rangers over Royals.
- PHOTOS: Protesters gather in Dallas
- Mavericks’ Justin Jackson, “it’s very important to people to stand up for what’s right.”
- Players across the WNBA express solidarity after nationwide protests