Following a 2-0 G-League Showcase, the Legends returned home to Frisco to battle it out with the Memphis Hustle.
Johnathan Motley, one of the Mavs Two-Way players, was named to the All-NBA G-League Showcase First Team and looked to continue his dominant play tonight at home as Legends Owner and Mavericks GM Donnie Nelson was in attendance.
In the first quarter, the Legends came out in sync. Wade Baldwin IV seemed more aggressive attacking the basket with the G-League leading scorer Justin Dentmon out with an injury. IV and Motley both scored 10 first quarter points to give the Legends a 10 point lead.
The second quarter was a lot of the same from the Legends. Baldwin, Motley, and Warney continued to get buckets as Myke Henry and Jeremy Morgan started to get hot from deep for the Hustle. In the final seconds, IV beat the buzzer to give Texas a 60-50 lead into halftime.
The Hustle came out of the locker room aggressive, as they attempted to cut into the Legends lead in the third quarter. Once again, Baldwin IV sunk a last second three to give the Legends an eight point lead going into the final frame.
Though the hustle was there for Memphis (pun intended), the scoring just wasn’t enough. The Legends maintained their lead throughout the fourth to give themselves a 119-109 win, marking their third win in a row and sixth win of their last seven games.
Wade Baldwin IV led the team with an efficient 30 points, shooting 9-13 and 4-6 from three while also draining 8-11 from the line. Motley continued his dominance, putting up 27 points and 17 rebounds, including some Shaq-esque rim shaking slams.
“They were pressing up on our guards but didn’t let it effect us”, said Baldwin post game. “The scouting report is to go under on me and let me shoot but tonight it was cooking for me.”
Baldwin IV and Marquis Teague of the Hustle had words for each other throughout the game but as Wade explained, it was all just apart of the game.
“Competitive spirit. It’s basketball. For a lot of us, this is our lives. Put all of our heart into it and we want to compete.”
The Legends will have a few days off before the Grand Rapids Drive come to town on Friday.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Dak, Cowboys unlikely to reach deal before Wednesdays deadline
- Dallas Wings release Wubble season schedule
- After three playoff holes, Colin Morikawa wins at Muirfield Village
- Five Rangers making their presence known after Week One of Summer Camp
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Qualifiers get the green light- how does Dallas matchup in its first three games?
- Best of the Mavericks social media fun after several days in the bubble
- NHL set to return August 1st; Stars skate again on August 3rd
- Tony Romo seeks third straight American Century Championship title in Lake Tahoe
- Key details from the announced Rangers 2021 schedule
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep 2: Iffy testing procedures and a look into the 2020 schedule