Texas Legends guard Justin Dentmon is looking for talented young basketball players in DFW to try out for a spot on his “Team Dentmon” AAU team competing in tournaments this spring.
The ages of the teams start at the 11U age division all the way through unsigned high school seniors still seeking an opportunity to be seen by college scouts.
Tryouts will be held Saturday, February 10th at PSA 2 in Plano (601 Seabrook Drive). Tryouts for the different age groups are at the following times:
- 11U-12U 1:00 PM
- 13U-14U 2:30 PM
- 15U-16U – Unsigned seniors 4:00 PM
Justin Dentmon, who has played professional basketball in the NBA, G-League, Europe and China, is excited about the opportunity to help young players better their game.
“I think it will be a great opportunity,” Dentmon said courtside at the Legends game Saturday night. “I will be there hands on mentoring, teaching them a lot about the game and a lot outside of the game.”
Dentmon emphasizes his team as a chance to play no matter the situation, something other AAU teams may not offer young players.
“Nowadays, parents are letting their kids go to these big teams, and their kids are not playing. My team will let everyone play, no matter the talent level, if they get picked by the team.”
Ideally, Dentmon and the other coaches will get enough players from this tryout to begin working towards being ready to compete in their first tournament, the T.J. Ford Classic in Austin from March 23rd to March 24th. An additional tryout date is possible, but not certain.
If you or any friends or family might be interested, be sure to register using the info in Justin’s Instagram post shared above.
- DallasFanatic Pod Ep 96: Dak Prescott is “All about the Benjamins baby!”
- Rangers’ Joey Gallo for AL MVP? It’s not as crazy as you’d think.
- Quad injury comes at a tough time for both Willie Calhoun and the Rangers
- Short-sided booking continues to be problematic for WWE’s women’s division
- Dallas Wings Media Day roundup
- What Dwight Powell declining his player option means for the Mavericks
- FC Dallas Draws with Los Angeles FC
- Brock Lesnar: Beast in the Bank
- Rangers show the “Show Me” state teams how it’s done, then head to the west
- Watching Jaylon Smith’s (Unlikely) Legendary Narrative Unfold