The Dallas Wings (7-8) fall to the Minnesota Lynx 76-72 in a hard fought battle Sunday afternoon.
Coming off a seven-straight win streak, the Lynx are all but too familiar in dominating the Wings bringing their season series to an ending record of 41-13 against Dallas.
The Wings came out hot with a quick 7-0 run against the Lynx behind forward Kayla Thornton who showcased her fast-paced plays and accounted for the first five points.
Liz Cambage reached the 1,000-point mark in her career, but it was a short-lived celebration when Cambage left the game shortly after due to a combination of injury concerns.
— Sel Sixtos (@selsixtos) July 1, 2018
Lynx’s Maya Moore took it upon herself to put up 26 points, six rebounds, ending the match on a 6-0 run to seal the Lynx win.
The Wings undoubtedly felt the loss of Cambage in the second half of the game.
“I don’t see any concern,” said Coach Williams regarding Cambage’s status throughout the remaining home stand. “Getting that energy, sometimes you have to snap them out of it, say a few words you can’t repeat publicly. It helps wake people up.”
Skylar Diggins-Smith stepped up in the second half and ended the night with 16 points, seven assists. Allisha Gray was directly behind with 15 points, three assists. Despite being absent for the second half, Cambage stacked up 14 points, five rebounds.
The Wings will complete their three-game homestand with the Chicago Sky on July 3 before taking on the Indiana Fever July 5.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Three Rangers with major questions surrounding them in the second half of Summer Camp
- Dak, Cowboys unlikely to reach deal before Wednesdays deadline
- Dallas Wings release Wubble season schedule
- After three playoff holes, Colin Morikawa wins at Muirfield Village
- Five Rangers making their presence known after Week One of Summer Camp
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Qualifiers get the green light- how does Dallas matchup in its first three games?
- Best of the Mavericks social media fun after several days in the bubble
- NHL set to return August 1st; Stars skate again on August 3rd
- Tony Romo seeks third straight American Century Championship title in Lake Tahoe
- Key details from the announced Rangers 2021 schedule