The Dallas Wings got back in the win column after they took care of the Las Vegas Aces 77-67.
Liz Cambage had a monster game on the boards as she snagged a career-high 18 rebounds to go along with 28 points. Skylar Diggins-Smith was solid, pitching in 20 points, to help the Wings improve to 5-4 on the young season.
After the game Wings’ head coach, Fred Williams shared his thoughts on Cambage’s big rebounding game.
“She’s capable of being a double-double player,” head coach Fred Williams said. “That’s the reason why we signed her and she’s demonstrated that tonight.”
Wings’ Glory Johnson and Kaela Davis combined for 25 points in 45 minutes.
The Las Vegas Aces fell to 3-8 after the loss Friday night, but they did have a solid game from Kayla McBride with 22 points.
The first pick in this years draft A’ja Wilson added 14 points and blocked four of the Wings’ shots Friday night with second-year guard Kelsey Plum chipping in 9 points.
After the game, the second-year pro talked about the improvements she needed to make for the rest of the season.
“I have to do a better job running the team,” Plum said. “I think it’s a process where I have to get my teammates in a position to score. Also, I need to figure out when we are on runs, how to control the momentum of the game. It is something that I have to get better at.”
The Wings will try to keep their winning streak alive as they head on the road to face the Minnesota Lynx on Monday. The Wings will then return home to face Western Conference first-place Los Angeles Sparks on June 22 at College Park Center.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- A couple of takeaways from the Mavericks 117-101 loss to the Bulls.
- Photos: Mavs vs Bulls (January 17, 2021)
- Will the Mavs overcome late-game woes against the skidding Chicago Bulls?
- Predicting the 2021 Texas Rangers Roster Configuration: Outfield and DH
- Late game miscues stand out as Mavericks fall to the Bucks in Milwaukee
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 19: The holidays are not over w/ Wes Benjamin
- As Kristaps Porzingis returns, the Mavericks are poised to take the league by storm
- A couple takeaways from The Mavericks 104-93 win over the Hornets
- What to watch for as short-handed Mavericks face the Hornets
- Mark Cuban is open to hosting vaccinated healthcare workers for free at Mavs games later this season