The Dallas Wings got back in the win column after they took care of the Las Vegas Aces 77-67.
Liz Cambage had a monster game on the boards as she snagged a career-high 18 rebounds to go along with 28 points. Skylar Diggins-Smith was solid, pitching in 20 points, to help the Wings improve to 5-4 on the young season.
After the game Wings’ head coach, Fred Williams shared his thoughts on Cambage’s big rebounding game.
“She’s capable of being a double-double player,” head coach Fred Williams said. “That’s the reason why we signed her and she’s demonstrated that tonight.”
Wings’ Glory Johnson and Kaela Davis combined for 25 points in 45 minutes.
The Las Vegas Aces fell to 3-8 after the loss Friday night, but they did have a solid game from Kayla McBride with 22 points.
The first pick in this years draft A’ja Wilson added 14 points and blocked four of the Wings’ shots Friday night with second-year guard Kelsey Plum chipping in 9 points.
After the game, the second-year pro talked about the improvements she needed to make for the rest of the season.
“I have to do a better job running the team,” Plum said. “I think it’s a process where I have to get my teammates in a position to score. Also, I need to figure out when we are on runs, how to control the momentum of the game. It is something that I have to get better at.”
The Wings will try to keep their winning streak alive as they head on the road to face the Minnesota Lynx on Monday. The Wings will then return home to face Western Conference first-place Los Angeles Sparks on June 22 at College Park Center.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Finals Game Four: Can the Stars save their miracle run?
- Stamkos & Lightning pound Dallas for 2-1 lead; Can Stars save their season in Game Four?
- Dallas Cowboys Stock Report: Week 2
- Keeping It Semi-Casual: Looking back on the classic Cowboys-Seahawks game back in October 2014
- How does Dallas’ defense stack up against the rest of the league?
- Dallas Cowboys way-too-early 2021 draft preview: First round defensive tackles
- DSF Mailbag: Confidence in the offense after Sunday’s performance?
- Takeaways From Game Two, as Lightning Even the Series
- Around the NFC East: Cowboys win on Sunday creates big opportunity in upcoming weeks
- TweetCap: Fans react to the Cowboys comeback win over Atlanta