Just add to the list of accolades for Luka Doncic and Dirk Nowitzki.
This morning, 2K Sports announced the cover athletes for NBA 2K22 and you guessed it: Doncic and Nowitzki both received the honor.
— Luka Doncic (@luka7doncic) July 14, 2021
For Luka, he will grace the cover for both the standard and cross-gen bundle edition while Dirk joins Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Kevin Durant on the NBA 75th anniversary legends edition.
This marks the first time a Dallas Maverick has been the cover athlete for NBA 2K. Nowitzki was the cover athlete for NBA Live 07 and 08 in a Germany exclusive cover.
Doncic previously had a deal with EA Sports, where he was the NBA Live Mobile cover athlete but EA has had trouble keeping up with the momentum that 2K has built over the years. Doncic signed a deal with 2K earlier this year.
— Dirk Nowitzki (@swish41) July 14, 2021
Candace Parker of the Chicago Sky is also a cover athlete for NBA 2K22 in a GameStop exclusive edition of the game. Parker becomes the first female cover athlete in NBA 2K history.
— Dallas Mavericks (@dallasmavs) July 14, 2021
Check out some behind the scenes footage above of Luka prepping to become the 2K22 cover athlete.
NBA 2K22 will release on September 10.
- The key to offensive success for Rangers slugger Sam Huff
- Stars Head Coach Rick Bowness steps down: What’s Next?
- “Houston, we have a reunion” Rice Alum Glenn Otto Returns to Houston for Rangers
- Three things to watch for heading into the Western Conference Finals
- Following knocking off the Suns, this Mavericks team is built for destiny