Luka Doncic and the Slovenian national team continued building their momentum Thursday morning with a 116-81 route of Japan, almost certainly clinching their place in the knockout stages.
The Mavs’ star followed up his historic performance against Argentina with a more measured 25-7-7-2-2 line on 8-15 shooting. A “meh” night by his own lofty standard, but brilliant nonetheless
Doncic got plenty of support along the way, from NBA’ers Vlatko Cancar & Zoran Dragic, who scored 16 and 24 respectfully.
Doncic wasn’t the only decent-sized name in this game, as the Washington Wizard’s Rui Hachimura got the chance to flex his muscles. He poured in 34 points for his country and dueled Doncic in an entertaining first half.
Slovenia will wrap up group play against perennial power Spain on Saturday morning — their most difficult task thus far.
- Victory Avenue Podcast, Ep. 28: The Ticket’s Jake Kemp joins for a Season Preview Roundtable!
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: 2021 Season Starts With High Expectations
- Media Roundup: Where are the Cowboys ranked nationally?
- Rank ‘Em: Deciding which of Dallas’ five games were the most impressive
- Yet another statement: Cowboys roll another divisional opponent
- Sidekicks coach Pablo Da Silva speaks to DSF about the upcoming season
- DSF Roundup: Writers share final thoughts on Dallas’ divisional game
- Which areas of the roster should the Rangers focus more on this offseason?
- DSF Mailbag: Who’s been more vital to this defense’s success? Diggs or Parsons?
- Rank ‘Em: Who has been the five best free agent additions for Dallas?