Luka Doncic and the Slovenian national team continued building their momentum Thursday morning with a 116-81 route of Japan, almost certainly clinching their place in the knockout stages.
The Mavs’ star followed up his historic performance against Argentina with a more measured 25-7-7-2-2 line on 8-15 shooting. A “meh” night by his own lofty standard, but brilliant nonetheless
Doncic got plenty of support along the way, from NBA’ers Vlatko Cancar & Zoran Dragic, who scored 16 and 24 respectfully.
Doncic wasn’t the only decent-sized name in this game, as the Washington Wizard’s Rui Hachimura got the chance to flex his muscles. He poured in 34 points for his country and dueled Doncic in an entertaining first half.
Slovenia will wrap up group play against perennial power Spain on Saturday morning — their most difficult task thus far.
- How Jonah Heim is flourishing in his role as the primary catcher for the Rangers
- Victory Avenue Podcast Ep. 43: Christian Wood trade, Mavs take Jaden Hardy, and is JB leaving?
- Silver and Blue Podcast Episode 8: Pre-camp position previews – DT, DE, LB
- Stars reportedly nearing deal with former Knights, Sharks coach Peter Deboer
- Ezequiel Duran, Josh Smith Putting Rangers’ Youth Movement in Motion