What we all expected was confirmed on Friday regarding the availability of Luka Doncic for Saturday’s Game 1.
First reported by Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN, Doncic will be out for Game 1 due to his left calf strain and his availability for Monday’s Game 2 is in doubt due to ‘significant concern’ from the team.
Dallas Mavericks All-Star Luka Doncic (calf strain) will be out for Game 1 vs. Utah on Saturday and significant concern remains for his availability Monday in Game 2, sources tell ESPN. Mavs will play long game w/ injury and take it day-by-day after playing without him Saturday.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) April 15, 2022
Wojnarowski relayed what head coach Jason Kidd has said all week that they are taking it day-by-day with Doncic’s injury. Kidd has continued to harp on Luka being ‘in good spirits’ despite the injury and Doncic has been seen at practice getting treatment all week long.
Without Luka on the floor, look for Jalen Brunson and Spencer Dinwiddie step up as the Mavericks’ top scorers and facilitators in effort to put Dallas in a spot to win without #77.
Stay tuned to Dallas Sports Fanatic for updates on Luka’s injury and availability going forward in the series.
- TweetCap: Fans reacts to Cowboys third straight victory
- Has Sam Huff turned the corner for the Rangers?
- What this year and next year hold for the Rangers lefty bullpen pieces
- Defensive Review: In case you forgot, DeMarcus Lawrence is still terrific
- Offensive Review: Is play action the key to Dallas’ success?