What we all expected was confirmed on Friday regarding the availability of Luka Doncic for Saturday’s Game 1.
First reported by Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN, Doncic will be out for Game 1 due to his left calf strain and his availability for Monday’s Game 2 is in doubt due to ‘significant concern’ from the team.
Dallas Mavericks All-Star Luka Doncic (calf strain) will be out for Game 1 vs. Utah on Saturday and significant concern remains for his availability Monday in Game 2, sources tell ESPN. Mavs will play long game w/ injury and take it day-by-day after playing without him Saturday.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) April 15, 2022
Wojnarowski relayed what head coach Jason Kidd has said all week that they are taking it day-by-day with Doncic’s injury. Kidd has continued to harp on Luka being ‘in good spirits’ despite the injury and Doncic has been seen at practice getting treatment all week long.
Without Luka on the floor, look for Jalen Brunson and Spencer Dinwiddie step up as the Mavericks’ top scorers and facilitators in effort to put Dallas in a spot to win without #77.
Stay tuned to Dallas Sports Fanatic for updates on Luka’s injury and availability going forward in the series.
- The key to offensive success for Rangers slugger Sam Huff
- Stars Head Coach Rick Bowness steps down: What’s Next?
- “Houston, we have a reunion” Rice Alum Glenn Otto Returns to Houston for Rangers
- Three things to watch for heading into the Western Conference Finals
- Following knocking off the Suns, this Mavericks team is built for destiny