The injury bug has surely left his mark on the Mavericks this season and doesn’t plan on letting up.
Today near the end of practice, Luka stepped on another players foot, turning his right ankle, which will force him out of Friday’s game in Houston.
This is the same ankle that Luka sprained earlier this season against Miami, which forced him out of the next four games.
Following practice, Rick Carlisle didn’t know the status of Luka’s availability for tomorrow against the Rockets but was decided not too long after that Doncic wouldn’t travel with the team.
Doncic will not travel to Houston. Right ankle sprain. No timetable at the moment. Additionally, Tim Hardaway Jr. is questionable for tomorrow with lower back tightness.
— Bobby Karalla (@bobbykaralla) January 30, 2020
Joining Luka on the injury report is Tim Hardaway Jr., who is questionable with lower back tightness but will travel with the team to Houston.
Looking ahead, following the playing the Rockets tomorrow, the Mavericks host the Hawks on Saturday and travel to Indiana on Monday. Even without Luka, these are winnable games for Dallas. Remember, the Mavericks defeated the Bucks and 76ers without Luka during that stretch earlier this season so don’t rule out the Mavs just yet.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Vicente Padilla’s gem and Michael Young Clutch double lifts Rangers over Royals.
- PHOTOS: Protesters gather in Dallas
- Mavericks’ Justin Jackson, “it’s very important to people to stand up for what’s right.”
- Players across the WNBA express solidarity after nationwide protests
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Byrd’s Walk-Off Grand Slam Downs the Yankees
- PGA Tour set to tee it back up in Fort Worth
- ‘Focus on today’: Don Kalkstein on mental health in the NBA & maneuvering through the COVID-19 pandemic
- With plenty of floating ideas, which is the best one to bring back the NBA?
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: More on the NHL’s plan to return to play
- Making sense of the “Return to Play” plan and how it affects the Stars