No matter if it’s the NBA or the Olympics, Luka Doncic will put on a show.
And that’s exactly what he did last night in his Olympic debut against Argentina, as Slovenia got the 118-100 victory in the Group C preliminary game.
Doncic was spectacular, finishing the game with 48 points, 11 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 blocks on 18-of-29 shooting, including 31-first half points as Argentina stood no chance from the jump.
Luka Doncic’s Olympics debut 🔥
31 1st half PTS
* T-2nd most PTS in Olympics history
— Ballislife.com (@Ballislife) July 26, 2021
Luka’s 48 points ties for the second-highest total in the Olympic Games history, behind Oscar Schmidt’s 55 points for Brazil in the 1988 Seoul Olympics.
When asked about falling a few points shy of the Olympic record, Doncic didn’t flinch. “I don’t care about records. We got a win and that’s what we came here for.”
Doncic and Slovenia suit up again on Thursday against Japan.
— Luka Doncic (@luka7doncic) July 26, 2021
- Recap: Cowboys dominate Eagles with big statement win in home opener on Monday Night Football
- Stat Check: 7 facts to know following the Cowboys’ week three win
- TweetCap: Fans react to Dallas’ blowout Monday night win over Philadelphia
- Jason Kidd already proving to be quite a change of pace as coach of the Mavericks
- Hoops Tank, episode 11: The most interesting things said or not said at Mavericks Media Day
- DSF Roundup: Writers give final thoughts on Cowboys, Eagles Monday night clash
- Game Preview: Last year’s Cowboys-Eagles meeting set the blueprint for this year’s offense
- Why the Rangers should bring back Charlie Culberson for another season
- Luka Doncic’s top five finish highlights three Mavericks in ESPN’s Top 100 NBArank
- FC Dallas interim head coach Marco Ferruzzi prepares for his first match