What are your first-year expectations of Ha Ha Clinton-Dix with the Cowboys?
Mason: I am expecting an upgrade from Jeff Heath, to say the least. Clinton-Dix is a versatile veteran safety that can tackle and play the ball well. He is also a player with plenty of playoff experience, which this team could use greatly especially in the secondary. For the season I would expect his average of about two to three interceptions with 70+ tackles, and should the Cowboys make the post-season his experience should favor them very nicely.
Juwan: Clinton-Dix is a safety I wanted the Cowboys to target the last offseason, so I may be overly optimistic for thinking he could flash first-round potential with being reunited with his former coach Mike McCarthy. The Cowboys have missed a veteran presence in their secondary for quite some time. I believe Clinton-Dix’s presence could be reminiscent of the seasons’ Barry Church had at his peak with Dallas.
How has the Cowboys offseason moves so far affected their first-round selection at pick 17?
Mason: So far the Cowboys have addressed what were the two biggest team needs in defensive tackle and safety. In my mind that rules out the possibility of them using their first-round pick on those positions unless there is someone, they could not refuse. Now it looks like they could use that pick to address either cornerback or wide receiver that, as of right now, they have not gotten from free agency. I could see them likely getting someone like C. J. Henderson from Florida or a speedy receiver in Henry Ruggs III from Alabama if he were to fall.
Juwan: It shifted it towards the “best player available.” The Cowboys walked into free agency with holes at safety, defensive tackle, tight end, and even wide receiver. Those spots were all plugged with bridge guys, so it frees the team up to adjust their board for just getting a true first-rounder, instead of reaching on a guy just to fill a need.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- PHOTOS: Blue for Black Lives Matter March
- NHL and NHLPA Come to Agreement on Playoff Formatting
- International return dates for Mavs stars are among the new details emerging in NBA’s plan to return
- As MLB owners and players clash over money, Rangers baseball in 2020 is looking iffier than ever
- NBA ready to ratify plan for a return in Orlando; How does it shake out for the Mavs?
- Prescott makes impactful statement on George Floyd, donates $1M to cause
- Dirk Nowitzki & the Mavericks backing up their words with action in the community
- PHOTOS: Protests around DFW
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Vicente Padilla’s gem and Michael Young Clutch double lifts Rangers over Royals.
- PHOTOS: Protesters gather in Dallas