Dallas Mavericks owner, Mark Cuban, took to his popular app Cyberdust, to provide some insight to everything that went down with DeAndre Jordan. Below is the message he sent to all of the MFFL’s out there.
“Through all of Monday we were texting back and forth discussing players available, the amount of cap room we had left. Who our staff liked. How excited he was,” Cuban wrote.
“Then on Tuesday the communications basically stopped and we started hearing rumblings from multiple people that something was up.
“So I flew to Houston and got a room at the galleria, which is just a few minutes from his house. I had my driver take me to his house. It’s inside a small gated community but the gate was wide open. So we drove in and I literally walked right up to his door.
“There was no one home. So I texted him saying that I was there. I know something is up. Let’s talk. He texted me that he was on a date.”
Cuban wrote that he told Jordan to have fun and offered to “come by there and say hi” or take Jordan and his date back to Dallas for a night out. Jordan did not respond.
After about 10 minutes, Cuban wrote, he returned to his hotel. He “didn’t think it was right” to sit in front of Jordan’s house.
Once at the hotel, Cuban wrote that he texted Jordan: “Have fun on this date and we will talk,” and received an immediate reply from Jordan thanking him.
“He knew I was in town,” Cuban wrote. “He knew I was close by. I knew something was up. I was getting the same reports that everyone else was.
“I also knew his agents were coming to town. It made sense that he would talk to them and worst case, even if he was having second thoughts the agent would be able to give me updates.
“Like any big career move it’s natural to have second thoughts. So while I was concerned, I still wasn’t worried. So I went to bed.” (Via Tim MacMahon)
No worries boss man. Ride or Die, MFFL’s For Life!
- Mavericks Weekly Preview (2/24-3/1)
- Michael Gallup deserves recognition despite outside distractions
- Stars Bounce Back Against Blackhawks to Conclude Home Stand
- Where does Isiah Kiner-Falefa fit into the Rangers 2020 plans?
- Another fourth quarter collapse with help from the officials leads to Mavs loss in Atlanta
- Three questions surrounding Rangers slugger Joey Gallo in 2020
- Mavericks win first game after All-Star break as they beat Magic 122-106
- Five facts to know ahead of the Renegades week three trip to Seattle
- Photos: Stars vs Blues (February 21, 2020)
- Photos: Dallas and Kansas City Chiefs Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt previews MLS season