FRISCO, TX- The Vancouver Whitecaps charged late in the game to steal a point on the road against FC Dallas during a 2-2 draw in Frisco on Wednesday night.
The two teams met last month in Vancouver where FC Dallas fell 2-1.
“The players are motivated, we had a positive performance in Vancouver,” said Luchi Gonzalez to FC Dallas TV following that game. “We didn’t punish, and we lost the game. It hurt, it was a ten-minute spell where the game got away from us, and Vancouver took advantage, so we’re really hungry for this game.”
On Wednesday night in Frisco, the team didn’t start hungry in the first half for the FC Dallas side, with a high possession percentage, but no clear sign of what the team wanted to achieve. There were good chances to open up the score by FCD, but they were unable to get the ball in the back of the net.
The second half was very different for both sides. FC Dallas was more active in Vancouver’s half of the field. The score would open up for the home side following a great play on the 56th minute through Michael Barrios. A play that started on the right wing, Michael Barrios would play a beautiful ball across the goal to Jesus Ferreira who would send the ball to the back of the net to score his fifth goal in the season.
Four minutes later through a slightly deflected shot by Ryan Hollingstead, FC Dallas would increase their lead against Vancouver to 2-0.
It all seemed like it would be a comfortable win for FCD, but late goals from Yordy Reyna in the 81st minute would shorten the lead for the home side. The real disappointment came from a shot outside the box from Lucas Venuto would get past Jesse Gonzalez to tie the game in the last minute. This went from being a secured victory to feeling like a loss since the home team had to share the points with Vancouver.
Following tonight’s draw, FCD is in fourth place in the West with a total of 26 points. Vancouver now sits in the ninth.
It is a lesson learned for the FC Dallas squad, who will now have to travel next Sunday to Oregon to face the Portland Timbers. Looking to gain the three points from Portland will not be an easy task, but Gonzalez and his squad will have to make the adjustments to improve upon their finish on Wednesday night.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Photos: Stars vs Predators – Jan. 25th, 2021
- Mavericks still searching for any bit of consistency as they host the Nuggets
- Stars Win Second in a Row Against the Predators
- Problems arise in Mavericks worst loss of the season to the Rockets
- Mavericks look to extend winning streak against the Rockets
- Luka and the Mavs make it happen when it counts in win over the Spurs
- How will the Rangers handle attendance in 2021 with Spring Training and the season approaching?
- Mavericks’ rookie Josh Green embraces the ‘dirty work’
- Three things to watch for as the Mavericks travel to San Antonio
- Reactions after Mavs snap three-game losing streak against Pacers