FRISCO, TX- The Vancouver Whitecaps charged late in the game to steal a point on the road against FC Dallas during a 2-2 draw in Frisco on Wednesday night.
The two teams met last month in Vancouver where FC Dallas fell 2-1.
“The players are motivated, we had a positive performance in Vancouver,” said Luchi Gonzalez to FC Dallas TV following that game. “We didn’t punish, and we lost the game. It hurt, it was a ten-minute spell where the game got away from us, and Vancouver took advantage, so we’re really hungry for this game.”
On Wednesday night in Frisco, the team didn’t start hungry in the first half for the FC Dallas side, with a high possession percentage, but no clear sign of what the team wanted to achieve. There were good chances to open up the score by FCD, but they were unable to get the ball in the back of the net.
The second half was very different for both sides. FC Dallas was more active in Vancouver’s half of the field. The score would open up for the home side following a great play on the 56th minute through Michael Barrios. A play that started on the right wing, Michael Barrios would play a beautiful ball across the goal to Jesus Ferreira who would send the ball to the back of the net to score his fifth goal in the season.
Four minutes later through a slightly deflected shot by Ryan Hollingstead, FC Dallas would increase their lead against Vancouver to 2-0.
It all seemed like it would be a comfortable win for FCD, but late goals from Yordy Reyna in the 81st minute would shorten the lead for the home side. The real disappointment came from a shot outside the box from Lucas Venuto would get past Jesse Gonzalez to tie the game in the last minute. This went from being a secured victory to feeling like a loss since the home team had to share the points with Vancouver.
Following tonight’s draw, FCD is in fourth place in the West with a total of 26 points. Vancouver now sits in the ninth.
It is a lesson learned for the FC Dallas squad, who will now have to travel next Sunday to Oregon to face the Portland Timbers. Looking to gain the three points from Portland will not be an easy task, but Gonzalez and his squad will have to make the adjustments to improve upon their finish on Wednesday night.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
/ 2 months ago
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- PHOTOS: Blue for Black Lives Matter March
- NHL and NHLPA Come to Agreement on Playoff Formatting
- International return dates for Mavs stars are among the new details emerging in NBA’s plan to return
- As MLB owners and players clash over money, Rangers baseball in 2020 is looking iffier than ever
- NBA ready to ratify plan for a return in Orlando; How does it shake out for the Mavs?
- Prescott makes impactful statement on George Floyd, donates $1M to cause
- Dirk Nowitzki & the Mavericks backing up their words with action in the community
- PHOTOS: Protests around DFW
- Rangers Blast From The Past: Vicente Padilla’s gem and Michael Young Clutch double lifts Rangers over Royals.
- PHOTOS: Protesters gather in Dallas