At this point in the season, it seems as though a good majority of Mavs fans don’t really care about how Dallas plays anymore. Yeah, winning is a pretty good feeling, but so is getting a young player who oozes potential and talent. It felt good to get this win as not only is it our second in a row, but the Mavs were able to get a little revenge on a team that beat the snot out of them just last week, and has been doing pretty well as of late. Mavs were able to slow down Towns and Wiggins offensively, helping them pull off the nice win at home, 98-87.
Wesley Matthews: 19 pts, 7 rebs, 1 assist, 4-8 from 3
Dirk: 17 pts, 6 rebs, 2 assists, 3-4 from 3
JJ: 15 pts, 3 rebs, 3 assists, 5-5 from the field
Harrison Barnes: 13 pts, 3 rebs, 1 stl
A bit of an unusual game this season, as for the first time since December 7th against the Kings. Harrison Barnes scored less than 15 points. We’ve become accustomed to this man putting up nice scoring numbers on good percentages, but tonight’s game was a bit of a struggle for him as he was being guarded by the notorious KAT. Speaking of KAT, they were able to hold him to 18 points on 8-17 shooting, which is a huge step when Dirk Nowitzki is your starting center. Countless double teams really put Towns in a tough spot, but it opened up some room for Gorgui Dieng to put in work on us, as he bullied us from the paint, and from mid range, putting up a strong 21 points. However, defense played strong in every other aspect of this game. The amount of hustle from our bench players gave us enough of an energy boost to pull off a nice win.
Dirk after recording 3 blocks, “Those kids better learn.”-Per Earl K. Sneed
“Everyone had energy, you could feel it in the crowd, we haven’t felt that in a long time.”-Wesley Matthews
Mavs take on the Chicago Bulls (Jan. 17, 7:00 PM CST in Chicago)
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Join Rangers Kyle Gibson and Big League Impact and Play Topgolf for Charity
- DSF Q&A: Five questions for Dallas after 40-39 win over Atlanta
- Game Recap: Cowboys win against all odds against Falcons
- Former SMU Mustang Bryson DeChambeau wins US Open at Winged Foot
- Are the 2020 circumstances in baseball benefitting the Rangers’ development?
- The Stars take game one handily thanks to Khudobin and defensemen scoring
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Finals Preview
- Game Preview: Dallas Cowboys vs Atlanta Falcons
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Ep 13: Hanging out with Jared Sandler
- DSF Players to Watch: Which Falcons should Dallas watch out for?