Let’s just say 2016 (top moments of 2016) wasn’t the greatest start to a season for the Dallas Mavericks. In their first 34 games, the Mavericks managed to go 10-24 with 19 of those games on the road. On Tuesday night, Dallas will begin a three-game homestand that concludes Saturday against the Atlanta Hawks. In the month of January, the Mavericks will play eight of their 14 games at the American Airlines Center.
If the Mavericks hope to get off to a fast start here in 2017, it will begin with slowing down John wall and the Washington Wizards. Wall is averaging 23.6 points and leads the league in steals (2.3 spg). This will be the second night of a back-to-back for the Wizards, who fell to the Houston Rockets 101-91 on Monday night. The Wizards (16-17) are currently 1-5 on the second night of a back-to-back.
Even though the Mavericks come into the game with a league-low 95.1 points per game, the Wizards continue to play down to competition. Just like Dallas, Washington has a bad habit of squandering leads to the lesser opponent.
Matchup To Watch
This will be a fun one: Harrison Barnes vs. Otto Porter.
After many criticized Barnes towards the beginning of the season, he has stepped up for the Mavericks as the team has been riddled with injuries. Averaging a career high 20.4 points per game, Barnes continues to carry most the load for the Mavericks. Although Porter is mostly a scoring threat, it will be interesting to see if Barnes can utilize his scoring with his defense to help lead the Mavericks to their first victory of the New Year.
Matthews has to be excited to Play the Wizards on Tuesday night due to their inability to guard good players on the three-point line. If Matthews catches fire, expect him to shoot around 15 three-pointers making eight (my prediction).
J.J. Barea – Out (Achilles)
Deron Williams – Questionable (Illness)
Ian Mahinmi – Out (Knee)
Danuel House – Out (Wrist)
How To Watch
Catch the game on Fox Sports Southwest at 7:30 p.m. CST or listen locally on 103.3 ESPN Dallas.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Rangers celebrate a milestone on Saturday: Chuck Morgan’s 3,000th straight game
- DSF Players to Watch: Which Seahawks player should the Cowboys be worried about?
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stanley Cup Finals Game Four: Can the Stars save their miracle run?
- Stamkos & Lightning pound Dallas for 2-1 lead; Can Stars save their season in Game Four?
- Dallas Cowboys Stock Report: Week 2
- Keeping It Semi-Casual: Looking back on the classic Cowboys-Seahawks game back in October 2014
- How does Dallas’ defense stack up against the rest of the league?
- Dallas Cowboys way-too-early 2021 draft preview: First round defensive tackles
- DSF Mailbag: Confidence in the offense after Sunday’s performance?
- Takeaways From Game Two, as Lightning Even the Series